What is it?
Quad channel analogue audio distribution amplifier.
Reason to choose it...
Configure it to meet your exact requirements: it features four separate audio distribution amplifiers each with four floating outputs, with the inputs and outputs configurable in five different ways. Plus you'll get excellent value per channel: saving rack space (and money) by fitting 48 DAs in a single 2U frame.
By offering manual-only control, it's a cost-effective way to distribute analogue audio in any broadcast environment. See who's using it.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the AADA416FM. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- Quad analogue audio distribution amplifier
- Flexible inputs and outputs - five different combinations
- Low noise and distortion
- Robust fully floating inputs and outputs
- Excellent isolation between outputs with individual line drivers
- Audio gain adjustment from +12dB to -12dB
- Audio silence detector for each channel
- Overvoltage detector for each channel
- Headphone monitoring of all channels
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (either RM17 or RM37)
- Housed in Indigo rack frames
- Space-saving: 100mm x 266mm module allows 12 AADA416FM in 2U (six in 1U and two in desk top box)
- Ideal for cost-sensitive applications with manual control (board edge switches)
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
Distribute analogue audio anywhere
The AADA416FM quad amplifier allows the flexible distribution of analogue audio in any broadcast environment.
It features four separate audio distribution amplifiers each with an electronically balanced input and four floating outputs, with the inputs and outputs configurable in five different ways to meet your exact requirements.
Configure the inputs and outputs to be what you need
The AADA416FM allows a truly versatile configuration of inputs and outputs.
The most commonly used combinations are configuring the board as a quad amplifier (four mono - or two stereo - inputs and four outputs of each), dual amplifier (two mono - or one stereo - inputs and eight outputs of each) or single amplifier (one mono input and sixteen outputs).
It is also possible to have a mixture of outputs, and configure the board as either a mixed triple amplifier or mixed dual amplifier.
Guarantee robust outputs
The AADA416FM has the essential low noise and distortion which allows the audio to pass through more stages of processing without a loss in quality.
The balanced outputs are fully floating which makes them very robust - should one side be connected to ground, the other will double in amplitude to maintain the difference between the balanced signals, giving a correct single-ended system.
Each output has an individual line driver which gives excellent isolation between them, meaning a damaged signal injected on to one of the outputs will not affect any of the others.
Adjust the gain
The AADA416FM can deal with analogue audio that comes from anywhere, with the ability to be configured for the different maximum operating levels that can occur over different geographical areas.
The fixed gain settings (-6dB, 0dB or +6dB) allow you to scale the incoming audio so that it is the same relationship to your full scale level. The variable gain settings (of +/-6dB) then allow you to correct for gain errors elsewhere.
Monitor your audio
A number of useful monitoring tools ensure you remain aware of exactly what's happening to your audio at all times.
Each channel has an individual audio silence detector with adjustable threshold level and duration - useful for alerting you that your audio signal has failed. There is also an overvoltage detector for each channel with adjustable threshold level. Both these tools can be used with GPIs to trigger alarms.
Two 3.5mm jacks are provided for local monitoring using headphones and can be used during installation or when investigating problems, allowing you to listen to the audio at various stages to check for continuity or quality.
Easy to set up and use
It takes no time at all to get the AADA416FM configured and on air. The manual AADA416FM is operated by on-board pots and jumper links, with its economical distribution making it ideal for cost-sensitive applications.
Save rack space
The AADA416FM will save you rack space, with this 100mm x 266mm module providing up to 48 DAs in a single 2U frame, making it excellent value per channel.
The AADA416FM conveniently fits in Crystal Vision's standard frames (available in three sizes to suit all applications) alongside any other video or audio products from the range.
The audio inputs and outputs are accessed by using the 'easywire' RM37 frame rear module which features a 64-way DIN 41612 connector, providing plenty of room to solder the wires on to the individual pins. For those who prefer D-Types, the RM17 can also be used.
Standard Crystal Vision module 266mm x 100mm
Power consumption: 12 Watts
Four mono, electronically balanced
High impedance input (>20 kohm)
Maximum level: +28dBu
Factory set default: +24dBu; 0dBFS = +18dBu or +24dBu by on board link
16 (four per channel), electronically balanced, using RM17 or 'easywire' RM37 frame rear modules
Inputs and outputs are flexible and can be configured in five different ways
It is also possible to use unbalanced audio
Low impedance outputs: 100 ohm
Maximum level: +25dB
Factory set default: 0dBFS = +24dBu
GAIN ADJUSTMENTS PER CHANNEL
Total adjustment: +/-12dB
Continuous adjustment: +/-6dB using multiturn pot adjustment
Link adjustment: +6dB, 0dB, -6dB (on board link settings)
Signal to noise ratio: 106dB, 0dB gain, 0dBFS = +24dBu (20Hz to 20kHz)
Frequency response: +/-0.05dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.003% at 1kHz, +18dBu/+24dBu
Common mode rejection: >74dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
Interchannel crosstalk: <-94dB, 10kHz
Four (one per audio channel)
Set period of silence before indication from one to 120 seconds in eight second increments
Set silence threshold between -18dBu and -42dBu (factory default set to -30dBu)
Four (one per audio channel)
Set overvoltage threshold between +6dBu and +25dBu (factory default set to +25dBu)
MONITORING AUDIO OUTPUTS
Two stereo (four mono) via two 3.5mm stereo jack sockets
Output level: 0dBFS = +10dBu
GPI INPUT LEVELS
Active pull to ground, pulled up to +5V through 10 kohm
Two GPI inputs select silence or overvoltage or both indications on GPI outputs
GPI OUTPUT LEVELS
Electrically: Open collector transistors 30V, 330 ohm current limit resistors, 10mA max
Four GPI outputs indicate silence/overvoltage status per channel
Four LEDs (one per channel) to indicate silence/overvoltage status
Two LEDs to indicate power supply status
Power rail monitoring, channel gain adjustment, silence threshold, silence time and overvoltage level set by switches at board edge
Three jumper links can link audio channels together to provide a variety of input/output configurations
What outputs do I get?
RM17 rear module label and connections
More about the RM17
Connectors: 44-way high density D-Type and 15-way standard density D-Type
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 2U: 12
Boards in 1U: 6
Boards in desk top box: 2
Why use it: If you prefer D-Types to DIN connectors
RM37 rear module label and connections
More about the RM37
Connectors: 'Easywire' 64-way DIN 41612 connector
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 2U: 12
Boards in 1U: 6
Boards in desk top box: 2
Why use it: Because it makes wiring easy: the DIN connector stretches the full width of the rear module, giving more room to solder the wires on to the individual pins
For more visual technical information, download the AADA416FM block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 100mm x 266mm module...
- Analogue audio distribution amplifier with manual control
Next choose your frame size and power supplies - from 2U to desk top box...
- Indigo 2AE
- 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 2SE
- CoolFlow 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE
- 1U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE
- 1U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo DT
- Desk top box with passive front panel for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply
- Indigo DTSE
- Desk top box with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- 160 Watts power supply for 1U (non-DP) and 2U frames. 1U frames require one PSU-160i (no redundancy). 2U frames require either one PSU-160i (no redundancy) or two PSU-160i if power supply redundancy is required
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows maximum number of AADA416FM in frame (12 in 2U, six in 1U, two in desk top box). Gives access to all audio inputs and outputs
- Single slot frame rear module with easywire DIN 41612 connector. Recommended for most applications. Allows maximum number of AADA416FM in frame (12 in 2U, six in 1U, two in desk top box). Gives access to all audio inputs and outputs
The AADA416FM is controlled by board edge switches - therefore you will not require a control panel or PC software.
Who's using it?
Users of the AADA analogue audio distribution amplifiers include...
- Advanced Broadcast Services (UK)
- Advanced System Integrated Co., Ltd. (Taiwan)
- Advent Communications (UK)
- Al Jazeera (Qatar)
- Antenna Hungária (Hungary)
- ANTV (Vietnam)
- Arqiva (UK)
- Astro (Poland)
- AVC (UK)
- Bath Spa University (UK)
- BBC (UK)
- BBC Scotland (UK)
- BBC Studios and Post Production (UK)
- BBC World Service (UK)
- Channel 4 (UK)
- Channel 9 (Greece)
- Channel 10 (Greece)
- Channels TV (Nigeria)
- Chicopee Telecom (USA)
- Chiyoda-Video (Japan)
- Chukyo TV Broadcasting (Japan)
- City University London (UK)
- Coronation Street/ITV Studios (UK)
- Covetel (Venezuela)
- Crete TV (Greece)
- CVP (UK)
- Czech TV (Czech Republic)
- dB Broadcast (UK)
- Dega Broadcast Systems (UK)
- DigitalWide srl (Italy)
- Doordarshan Kendra (India)
- E to E (UK)
- Eddystone Broadcast (UK)
- EDI Effetti Digitali Italiani Srl (Italy)
- Elektronika (Slovakia)
- Emmerdale/ITV Studios (UK)
- EMS (UK)
- ERT (Greece)
- ESPN Star Sports/Fox Sports (Singapore)
- ETI-Electronic Technology Inc. (USA)
- Eurosport (Greece)
- FAL Systems (UK)
- Fountain Studios (UK)
- Gee Broadcast Systems (UK)
- Gibraltar Broadcasting Corporation (Gibraltar)
- Giga-Com (UK)
- GigaSat (UK)
- GMTV (UK)
- Habertürk TV (Turkey)
- HB Communications (USA)
- HD Vietnam (Vietnam)
- Hollyoaks/Lime Pictures (UK)
- INA TV (Greece)
- Indira Ghandi National Open University (India)
- ITV (UK)
- ITV Studios (UK)
- JKS Inc. (USA)
- KT (South Korea)
- Links Broadcast (UK)
- Megahertz Broadcast Systems (UK)
- Molinare (UK)
- MTV (Greece)
- News 24 (Albania)
- Nova TV (Bulgaria)
- OneSource Distributors LLC (USA)
- ORF (Austria)
- Oxford Sound & Media (UK)
- PLD Production (Greece)
- Prodigy Enterprises Inc. (China)
- Reality TV Channel (Greece)
- Royal College of Music (UK)
- Royal Opera House (UK)
- RTC Télé Ličge (Belgium)
- RTVS (Slovakia)
- Russia Today – London Bureau (UK)
- Sat-Comm (UK)
- Scottish Parliament (UK)
- Siemens (UK)
- SIS LIVE (UK)
- Smart TV (UK)
- Soc Trang TV (Vietnam)
- Studios A/S (Denmark)
- STV (Spain)
- STV (UK)
- Supersonic TV (Albania)
- Supersport (South Africa)
- TBS (Taiwan)
- TCS Telecom e Serv. Srl (Italy)
- Tele Bruxelles (Belgium)
- Telecentras (Lithuania)
- Telemedia (South Africa)
- Télésambre (Belgium)
- TeleStudio Modena (Italy)
- Teletech (Japan)
- Televideo (UK)
- Telewave (Greece)
- The ADI Group (UK)
- The Federation of Small Businesses (UK)
- The Jewellery Channel (UK)
- The One Show (UK)
- Toshiba (UK)
- TP Emitel (Poland)
- TRT (Turkey)
- TV AlHijrah (Malaysia)
- TV Globo (Brazil)
- TV 2 (Denmark)
- TVP (Poland)
- TV Skyline (Germany)
- TVT – Television Versioning & Translation Ltd. (UK)
- United Broadcast & Media Solutions LLC (UAE)
- University of Essex (UK)
- University of York (UK)
- Viettel TV (Vietnam)
- Vinh Puhc TV (Vietnam)
- Vislink Broadcast (UK)
- VSC Design (UK)
- VTC (Vietnam)
- Westminster Live (UK)
- William Hill (UK)
- WTS Broadcast (UK)
- What does it cost? Request a quote for AADA416FM...
- The AADA416FM module needs to be housed in a rack frame - look at the frame options
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
- Configure a system using our System Builder online product selector
- Tell us what you want to achieve with your system - our product experts will work out the best way to do it!
- AADA416FR analogue audio distribution amplifier with remote control
- AADA-STM-1 stereo to mono distribution amplifier
- DADA208 reclocking digital audio distribution amplifier
- DADA208N non-reclocking digital audio distribution amplifier
- DADA208D digital audio delay and distribution amplifier
- MADDA105 MADI audio distribution amplifier with five outputs
- MADDA111 MADI audio distribution amplifier with eleven outputs
Not sure which audio DA is best for your application? Have a look at our audio distribution amplifiers comparison chart to help you make a decision...
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: email@example.com