Clip N Key V121
What is it?
HD/SD clip and sting store with 4 GB of internal storage for 30 seconds of HD video or 150 seconds of SD video.
Reason to choose it...
You could use it to store all the short clips you'll ever need! Clip N Key is the most convenient way to add extra video sources to a mixer to enhance transitions, allowing a special clip with associated key signal and audio to be played repeatedly. It has the ability to work with both named images and timecode, it won't take up much space in your OB truck and it won't involve you tying up a server port unlike other solutions.
You’re working on any live events including sports programming and have a special clip that you want to play again and again.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the Clip N Key V121. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- HD/SD clip and sting store
- Use it to replay the same clip repeatedly in live events programming, such as sports coverage
- Convenient way to add extra video sources to a mixer to enhance transitions - without tying up a server port
- Multi-port 4 GB video store with DRAM and Flash memory
- Can store 30 seconds of moving HD video (15 seconds with key signal)
- Can store 150 seconds of moving SD video (75 seconds with key signal)
- Number of different clips can be stored
- Can work with both named images and reference by timecode
- Easy transfer of clips from PC to board over 100MBit Ethernet, using drag-and-drop MultiLogo Control Software running on PC
- No problem if your clip isn't perfect: transfer a clip and key from tape with easy trimming of recorded video clips
- Industry standard software protocols help use with video mixers
- Specific driver for Clip N Key provided on the FOR-A HVS-350HS video mixer - means you can trigger specific clips using the mixer control panel
- Avoid transmission problems: lock the output to a Black and Burst or tri-level syncs analogue reference
- Play out audio with your clip - or even use it as an audio clip player!
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (RM52)
- Know you'll stay on air: relay bypass protection of main input to main output
- Housed in Indigo rack frames
- Space-saving: 100mm x 266mm module allows 12 Clip N Key V121 in 2U (six in 1U and two in desk top box)
- Flexible control: MultiLogo Control Software, board edge, GPI, frame integrated control panel, SNMP or Statesman Lite PC software
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
The way to play out clips at live events programming
Clip N Key V121 is a low-cost clip and sting store and the most convenient way to add extra video sources to a mixer to enhance transitions - without tying up a server port.
Ideal for sports or live events programming, Clip N Key V121 allows a special clip or sting with optional associated key signal to be played repeatedly - for example, the same moving image each time a team scores a goal.
Store up to 150 seconds of clips
Clip N Key is based on solid-state fast reading and writing DRAM and permanent Flash memory.
Clip N Key V121 includes a 4 GB video store and can store 30 seconds of moving HD video (15 seconds if it includes a key signal) or 150 seconds of moving SD video (75 seconds with key signal).
A number of different clips can be stored, dependent on the total length of time used.
Using VTR protocol
Clip N Key V121 can be controlled by VTR protocol to record and replay stills or short video clips, allowing any standard VTR controller or mixer with VTR type outputs to automate the operation of the board.
Clip N Key V121 has the flexibility to work with both named images and reference by timecode. The timecode can be used as a label for each individual clip.
Clips can be created either by VTR control, or can be downloaded over 100 MB Ethernet to the board as a graphics file using the MultiLogo Control Software - and then be assigned a timecode label that will be used by the controller to replay the clip.
This makes operation easy: to replay an individual clip the operator simply needs to cue to the relevant timecode and play, while to create a clip he should cue to an unused timecode and record. Memory is automatically assigned to the timecode as it is recorded, making it unnecessary to use a continuous range of timecodes.
A clip recorded by RS422 control can be saved for back up or copied to other devices using the PC software. Being a solid-state device, Clip N Key V121 will cue instantly so that any video clip is available to play without the delay that may occur on a disk or tape-based device.
A dedicated RJ45 connector on the RM52 frame rear module makes RS422 control by Sony or VDCP protocol easy.
Japanese manufacturer FOR-A has provided a specific driver for Clip N Key on its popular HVS-350HS video mixer, making it easy to use it for applications such as animated wipes. The operator can conveniently select and trigger the specific clips they want to play out from Clip N Key using their mixer control panel.
Trim video clips
Clip N Key V121 includes easy trimming of recorded video clips which makes it simple to transfer a clip and key from tape and allows flexible use of any clip that has not been prepared for computer download.
The MultiLogo Control Software can be used to step through a clip frame by frame by using the "Next" and "Previous" controls and to set mark in and mark out points for the clip to run between. When the operator is happy he can trim the clip to remove the unwanted sections - or alternatively cancel the selection and return to the original.
Give your clips audio
Clips can be played out either with embedded or separate audio.
Clip N Key V121 can embed a single audio group into its video outputs, with audio routing of the stereo pairs allowing selection of which of the possible sources are embedded. The audio can be played out separately, or alternatively the audio and video ports can be locked together so that the files can be played out at the same time - allowing the clip to have accompanying audio.
Audio data is transferred to and from the board via Ethernet using the MultiLogo Control Software.
Clip N Key V121 can also be used as an audio clip player.
Lock the output to an analogue reference
Clip N Key V121 can be left to free-run or can be locked to either the video input or to an external Black and Burst or tri-level syncs reference using the Genlock source buttons on the Engineering tab.
This analogue reference combined with the one-line TBC means that Clip N Key always gives out a correctly-timed, uninterrupted output even after a hot cut from an upstream switch - therefore avoiding any transmission problems.
The full functions of Clip N Key V121 are controlled using a cut-down version of the MultiLogo Control Software.
Control is also available from Crystal Vision's usual methods - board edge, front panel, GPI, SNMP, and the Statesman Lite PC software. (The VisionWeb web browser control and VisionPanel remote control panel are not currently available on this product.)
Save rack space - and protect your output
Clip N Key V121 will save you rack space, with up to 12 clip and sting stores fitting in 2U. The 100mm x 266mm module fits in Crystal Vision’s standard frames – available in three sizes – allowing it to be easily integrated with any of the company’s interface and keying products and is ideal for saving space in a sports OB vehicle.
Clip N Key V121 also includes relay bypass protection of the input in the event of power failure or board malfunction or removal.
Standard Crystal Vision module 266mm x 100mm
Power consumption: 12.5 Watts
Clip N Key runs the uCLinux operating system
VIDEO AND AUDIO STORE
Non-volatile multi-port video store
Moving HD video: Clip N Key V121 can store approximately 30 seconds in 50Hz (15 seconds with key signal) and approximately 25 seconds in 59.94Hz (12 seconds with key signal)
Moving SD video: Clip N Key V121 can store approximately 150 seconds (75 seconds with key signal)
Can store any number of clips, dependent on total length of time used
Can read and write multiple images at once
Flash store retains video data when board is unpowered
One HD or SD input for clip or sting (Key signal needs to be input separately)
270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s serial compliant to EBU 3267-E, SMPTE 259 and SMPTE 292-1
HD cable equalisation up to 140m with Belden 1694A or equivalent (approx. 100m with Belden 8281). SD cable equalisation >250m Belden 8281 or equivalent
Input return loss: -15dB for 50MHz to 1.5GHz
Auto 50/59.94Hz and video format selection
ANALOGUE REFERENCE AND DELAY THROUGH BOARD
The output can be locked to an SD Black & Burst or HD tri-level syncs analogue reference
Each input has a one-line TBC to align the input signal timing
SD delay: 6.5us min - one line plus 6.5us max
HD delay: 1.7us min - one line plus 1.7us max
Output timing can be from either an analogue reference or the input, with a user offset
One HD or SD clip output and one key output using RM52 frame rear module
Relay bypass protection of the input
Serial output: 270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s serial compliant to EBU 3267-E, SMPTE 259 and SMPTE 292-1
GRAPHICS SOFTWARE AND TRANSFER
Image Converter software running on the graphics PC will convert most common graphic file formats to the format required by Clip N Key
Can work with both named images and reference by timecode
100 MB Ethernet connectivity from the graphics PC straight into the video store on the board for easy transfer of clips and stings
TRIMMING OF RECORDED VIDEO CLIPS
The dedicated software can be used to step through a clip frame by frame by using the "Next" and "Previous" controls and set mark in and mark out points for the clip. The "Trim" control can be used to remove the unwanted section from the clip or the selection can be cancelled
Audio data is transferred to and from the board via Ethernet using the MultiLogo Control Software
A single audio group can be embedded into the video outputs
Audio routing of the stereo pairs allowing selection of which of the possible sources are embedded
Audio can be played out separately, or audio and video ports can be locked together so files can be played out at the same time - allowing clips to have accompanying audio
Clip N Key V121 can also be used as an audio clip player
Three GPI inputs can recall one of seven presets
Active: pull to ground, pulled up to +5V through 10 kohm
The GPIs are shared with the second serial port (link selection)
One GPI output
Other GPI output connection is used to control the bypass relay
Electrically: Open collector transistors 30V, 270 ohm current limit resistors. Pulled up to +5V through 6800 ohm
LED INDICATION OF:
Power supplies okay
Main input present
Board edge with ten character alphanumeric display
Port 1: 19200 baud, 8 bits, 1 stop no parity
Port 2: 38400 baud, 8 bits, 1 stop odd parity
100Mbit Ethernet connectivity from the graphics PC straight into the video store on the board, via the rear module, for easy transfer of clips
MultiLogo Control Software is included on a CD with Clip N Key and allows advanced control of the clip and sting store
Basic control from integrated control panel on AE frames
Statesman Lite allows basic control from any PC on a network
SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
Second serial port (link select instead of GPI inputs) allows connection to control panels and automation systems
Industry standard software protocols help it to work with automation systems and video mixers. Manufacturer FOR-A has provided a specific driver for Clip N Key on its HVS-350HS video mixer
VTR protocol can be used to record and play clips using timecode labels
RM52 frame rear module includes dedicated RJ45 connector for RS422 control
Note: No current operation from VisionWeb web browser control nor VisionPanel control panel on this product
What outputs do I get?
RM52 rear module label and connections
More about the RM52
Connectors: 4 BNCs and 2 RJ45 connectors (with relay bypass)
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 2U: 12
Boards in 1U: 6
Boards in desk top box: 3
Why use it: It's the only rear module for Clip N Key V121 8G
For more visual technical information, download the Clip N Key V121 block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 100mm x 266mm module...
- Clip N Key V121
- HD/SD clip and sting store with 4 GB video store. Includes one external video input
Next choose your frame size and power supplies - from 2U to desk top box...
- Indigo 2AE
- 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 2SE
- CoolFlow 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE
- 1U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE
- 1U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo DT
- Desk top box with passive front panel for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply
- Indigo DTSE
- Desk top box with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- 160 Watts power supply for 1U (non-DP) and 2U frames. 1U frames require one PSU-160i (no redundancy). 2U frames require either one PSU-160i (no redundancy) or two PSU-160i if power supply redundancy is required
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows maximum number of Clip N Key V121 in frame (12 in 2U, six in 1U, two in desk top box). Provides relay bypass protection. Gives access to one HD/SD input, an analogue reference input, one clip output and one key output
Finally - control. The most popular method is to use a cut-down version of the MultiLogo Control Software (supplied free on a CD when you buy Clip N Key). Alternatively for basic control use board edge switches, the integrated control panel if you've selected one of the 'AE' frames, or alternatively order one of the items below...
- Statesman Lite
- Free-of-charge PC Control System - download the latest version
- SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
Who's using it?
Users of the Clip N Key clip and sting stores include...
- Accelerate Global Sales (USA)
- Alston Elliot (UK)
- BBC (UK)
- Bonito TV (Germany)
- Echolab (USA)
- FAL Systems (UK)
- FOR-A Italia (Italy)
- Fountain Studios (UK)
- Jamuna Television Limited (Bangladesh)
- Kabel Plus Sport (Czech Republic)
- Megahertz Broadcast Systems (UK)
- ORF (Austria)
- Solo Satellite Communications (UK)
- Televideo (UK)
- The Federation of Small Businesses (UK)
- Timeline TV (UK)
- Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. [Network Operations Division] (USA)
- TV 2 (Denmark)
- TV 2 Odense (Denmark)
- TVC (Lithuania)
- TVP (Poland)
- TV Skyline (Germany)
- Videowork Srl (Italy)
- What does it cost? Request a quote for Clip N Key V121...
- The Clip N Key V121 module needs to be housed in a rack frame - look at the frame options
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
- Configure a system using our System Builder online product selector
- Tell us what you want to achieve with your system - our product experts will work out the best way to do it!
- Clip N Key V121 8G HD/SD clip and sting store with 8 GB store
- Clip N Key V221 HD/SD clip and sting store with 4 GB store and two external inputs
- Clip N Key V221 8G HD/SD clip and sting store with 8 GB store and two external inputs
- MultiLogo V132 HD/SD logo keyer with 4 GB store
- MultiLogo V132 8G HD/SD logo keyer with 8 GB store
- MultiLogo V432 HD/SD logo keyer with 4 GB store and four external inputs
- MultiLogo V432 8G HD/SD logo keyer with 8 GB store and four external inputs
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: email@example.com