What is it?
HD/SD long variable video delay.
Reason to choose it...
It's the ultimate video delay - designed for those really long delay requirements and providing up to 43 seconds of HD video delay and four minutes of SD delay. No one does the range of video delays that we do.
Anyone who needs to match any HD or SD extended system delays, such as virtual studio graphics, MPEG encoders and decoders, audio processing, HD radio links, satellite links and profanity delays. See who's using it.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the ViViD HD-40. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- HD/SD long variable video delay
- Maximum HD delay of 43 seconds
- Maximum SD delay of 238 seconds
- Perfect for use as part of a profanity delay system on live broadcasts - stop expletives, bloopers, wardrobe malfunctions, fits of coughing or technical problems making it to air
- Use it for any other extended system delays, such as virtual studio graphics, MPEG encoders and decoders, audio processing, HD radio links and satellite links
- Delay adjustable in steps of seconds, frames, lines and pixels - for true flexibility!
- Minimum delay of 12ns (HD) and 46us (SD)
- Passes entire video stream, with embedded audio and ancillary data staying with the associated video
- Save yourself a DA in your system design, with three HD or SD outputs
- Recall different delay values easily with 16 presets
- Protect your programme output with relay bypass protection
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (RM44)
- Housed in Indigo rack frames
- Space-saving: 100mm x 266mm module allows 12 ViViD HD-40 in 2U (six in 1U and two in desk top box)
- Flexible control: board edge, GPI, frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, Statesman Lite PC software or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
A really long delay...
ViViD HD-40 is designed for engineers who need to match those really long delays in their system.
ViViD HD-40 includes an 8 GB DRAM video store giving 43 seconds of HD delay or 238 seconds in SD. The delay is adjustable in seconds, frames, lines and pixels for true flexibility.
What can you use it for?
ViViD HD-40 is perfect for use as part of a profanity delay system on live broadcasts - preventing expletives, bloopers, wardrobe malfunctions, fits of coughing or technical problems from making it to air.
Or use it for any other extended delays you can think of.
It is perfect for use in the virtual studio where it can be used to offset the delay caused by the graphics generators - delaying the camera by the same amount as the virtual set graphics so that the video feed and graphics both reach the chroma keyer at the same time.
ViViD HD-40 can also be used to compensate for the delay of MPEG encoders or decoders in order to co-time transmissions, or for the delay caused by a satellite link.
It can help OB vehicles using MPEG-compressed HD radio links to remotely control wireless hand-held cameras by delaying the other signals. Alternatively it can be used in audio processing applications to match video to audio that's been delayed by Dolby E encoding or decoding.
An increasingly popular application can be found in studios, where engineers are delaying the audio mixer output to match the longest video delay in the system – and then adding video delays to everything else to make it all match.
ViViD HD-40 delays not just the active picture but the entire video stream, with embedded audio and ancillary data staying with the associated video.
16 presets can be assigned and recalled through GPI, allowing different delay values to be recalled automatically by the studio control system.
Save rack space - and protect your output
You can fit 12 video delays in 2U, too. This 100mm x 266mm module saves you rack space and is housed in Crystal Vision's standard rack frames alongside any other products from the range, including the chroma keyers.
It uses the RM44 frame rear module to access the one input and three outputs, and includes relay bypass protection of the input in the event of power failure or board malfunction or removal.
Choose your control
Easy to set up and use, the flexible control options include board edge switches, an integrated control panel on the AE frames, the VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, the Statesman Lite PC software and the VisionWeb web browser control.
Crystal Vision is very well-known for its range of space-saving video delays, offering a suitable delay for every application.
Standard Crystal Vision module 266mm x 100mm
Power consumption: 12 Watts
One HD or SD input
270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s serial compliant to EBU 3267-E, SMPTE 259 and SMPTE 292-1
The video formats supported are 625, 525, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94
HD cable equalisation up to 140m with Belden 1694A or equivalent (approx. 100m with Belden 8281). SD cable equalisation >250m Belden 8281 or equivalent
Input return loss: -15dB for 5MHz to 1.5GHz
Auto 50/59.94Hz and video format selection
Three reclocked and delayed HD or SD outputs using RM44 frame rear module
270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s serial compliant to EBU 3267-E, SMPTE 259 and SMPTE 292-1
Relay bypass protection on the RM44 helps maintain programme output. An electromechanical relay switch needs power to hold the switch in one state and will revert to the other state (board bypass) on loss of power. It prevents signal loss by mechanically connecting the input to main output 1 on complete frame power failure or board removal
Output follows the input format
STANDARD DEFINITION DELAY
Minimum delay: 46us
Maximum delay: 238 seconds
Adjustable in steps of seconds, frames, lines and pixels
HIGH DEFINITION DELAY
Minimum delay: 12us
Maximum delay: 43 seconds
Adjustable in steps of seconds, frames, lines and pixels
Passes entire video stream, including embedded audio and HANC and VANC
16 user defined presets allow the storing of board configurations for future use
Four GPI inputs can recall one of 16 presetsActive: pull to ground, pulled up to +5V through 10 kohm
One GPI output shows input present
Electrically: Open collector transistors 30V, 270 ohm current limit resistors. Pulled up to +5V through 6800 ohm
LED INDICATION OF:
Power supplies okay
Intuitive board edge interface with two select buttons, shaft encoder and ten character alphanumeric display
Control from integrated control panel on AE frames and remote panel
Statesman Lite allows control from any PC on a network
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows operation using a standard web browser on a PC or tablet
SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
What outputs do I get?
RM44 rear module label and connections
More about the RM44
Connectors: 4 BNCs and 1 RJ45 connector (with relay bypass)
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 2U: 12
Boards in 1U: 6
Boards in desk top box: 2
Why use it: It's the only rear module for ViViD HD-40
Also used for: No other boards
For more visual technical information, download the ViViD HD-40 block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 100mm x 266mm module...
- ViViD HD-40
- HD/SD long variable video delay line with 43 seconds HD delay and 238 seconds SD delay
Next choose your frame size and power supplies - from 2U to desk top box...
- Indigo 2AE
- 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 2SE
- CoolFlow 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE
- 1U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE
- 1U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo DT
- Desk top box with passive front panel for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply
- Indigo DTSE
- Desk top box with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- 160 Watts power supply for 1U (non-DP) and 2U frames. 1U frames require one PSU-160i (no redundancy). 2U frames require either one PSU-160i (no redundancy) or two PSU-160i if power supply redundancy is required
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows maximum number of ViViD HD-40 in frame (12 in 2U, six in 1U, two in desk top box). Provides relay bypass protection of the input to the main output. Gives access to one HD or SD input and three delayed HD or SD outputs
Finally - control. Use board edge switches, the integrated control panel if you've selected one of the 'AE' frames, a web browser running the free VisionWeb Control (included within the frame software), or alternatively order one of the items below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
- Statesman Lite
- Free-of-charge PC Control System - download the latest version
- SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
Who's using it?
Users of the ViViD variable video delays include...
- Ajman Television Network (UAE)
- Alliance Broadcasting Pvt Ltd (India)
- Anderson Productions (USA)
- Anxi Cia Ltda. (Ecuador)
- APB News Network (India)
- ARTE (France)
- Atos (UK)
- AVB Ltd. (Georgia)
- AVC (UK)
- BBC (UK)
- Beck Associates (USA)
- BEC Multimedia Co. Ltd. (Thailand)
- Benchmark Broadcast Systems (India)
- BFE Studio (Germany)
- Bolton Wanderers Football Club (UK)
- Booz Allen Hamilton (USA)
- Brainwaves Systems Middle East (Egypt)
- Broadcast Solutions Inc. (USA)
- Broadcast Video Services (Ireland)
- BSkyB (UK)
- BVS (Germany)
- CANAL+ (France)
- Caracol Televisión (Colombia)
- Channel 4 (UK)
- Chello Central Europe (Hungary)
- Closed Caption Latina (Colombia)
- Cologne Broadcasting Center (Germany)
- Comprehensive Technical Group (USA)
- Cornet Technology (USA)
- Corporacion Ecuatoriana de Television (Ecuador)
- Crawford Communications (USA)
- dB Broadcast (UK)
- Dega Broadcast Systems (UK)
- Deutsche Welle (Germany)
- DigitalWide Srl (Italy)
- DirecTV (USA)
- Diversified Systems (USA)
- EBS (South Korea)
- EDI Effetti Digitali Italiani Srl (Italy)
- ESPN (USA)
- ESPN Star Sports/Fox Sports (Singapore)
- Euro Media Group (France)
- Evertop Technology (China)
- First Gulf Company (Saudi Arabia)
- Fountain Studios (UK)
- Frostburg State University (USA)
- Ghent University (Belgium)
- Glück TV (Germany)
- Geo TV (Pakistan)
- Habertürk TV (Turkey)
- Haneva (USA)
- HB Communications (USA)
- Heartland Video Systems (USA)
- Hitron (Taiwan)
- Hogarth Worldwide (UK)
- Hybrid MC (France)
- Indira Television (India)
- Informationsteknik (Sweden)
- ISOFT (Turkey)
- ITN (UK)
- ITV (UK)
- Kanal 75 (Sweden)
- Kazakhstan Media Center (Kazakhstan)
- Kholoud Telecommunications and Broadcast Solutions (Jordan)
- Krungthep Turakj Media (Thailand)
- Lianpad (Iran)
- LTS Maroc (Morocco)
- MCOT (Thailand)
- Media Centre Lume (Finland)
- MediaGuru (India)
- MeCast Ltd. (Iraq)
- Metus (USA)
- Mike Vasilinda Productions (USA)
- Mitcorp (UK)
- Modern Media Systems (Saudi Arabia)
- Morocco Television (Morocco)
- Music Choice (USA)
- n-tv (Germany)
- Namadgi Systems (Australia)
- NBTTV (Thailand)
- Netventure (Germany)
- New Era Electronic Solutions (Cyprus)
- NRJ (France)
- One-Ten Productions (UK)
- Open University Network (South Korea)
- ORF (Austria)
- Press TV (Iran)
- Princess Productions (UK)
- Professional Communications Systems (USA)
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG (Germany)
- Puls TV (Germany)
- QVEST Media (UAE)
- Radio Televisyen Malaysia (Malaysia)
- Ravensbourne College (UK)
- Real Video Impact Pvt Ltd (India)
- Red Bee Media (UK)
- Revolt TV (USA)
- Riyadh TV (Saudi Arabia)
- Rochstar (Poland)
- root6 (UK)
- RT Software (UK)
- Show TV (Turkey)
- Shukutoku University (Japan)
- Sky Creative (Germany)
- Smart TV (UK)
- Star TV (India)
- Studio Expert (UK)
- STV (UK)
- Swedish Space Corporation (Sweden)
- Telemedia (South Africa)
- Televisão Bahia (Brazil)
- Teliris Inc. (USA)
- Thameside (UK)
- TrackMan A/S (Denmark)
- Triple V Broadcast (Thailand)
- Tritech International Ltd. (UK)
- TRT (Turkey)
- TrueVisions Group Company Limited (Thailand)
- TSL (UK)
- Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. [Network Operations Division] (USA)
- TV 2 (Denmark)
- TV3 SPORT (Denmark)
- TVC (Lithuania)
- TV Globo (Brazil)
- TV Nova (Czech Republic)
- TVNZ (New Zealand)
- TV Skyline (Germany)
- UAE TV (UAE)
- undbitte entertainment (Germany)
- UTV (UK)
- Video Tape Products (USA)
- Vizrt (Israel)
- Vizrt Austria (Austria)
- Vizrt Inc. (USA)
- VR3 (Germany)
- WDSC-TV (USA)
- Wellen+Nöthen (Germany)
- WGGB-TV (USA)
- WKMG-TV (USA)
- WTHI-TV (USA)
- XL Video (UK)
- ZDF (Germany)
- Zee News (India)
- Zoom (India)
- What does it cost? Request a quote for ViViD HD-40...
- Want more information? Get the ViViD HD-40 user manual (and SNMP MIB) by signing up for the Registered Area now
- The ViViD HD-40 module needs to be housed in a rack frame - look at the frame options
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
- ViViD 3G 3G/HD/SD variable video delay (0.5 secs 3G/1 sec HD/5.5 secs SD)
- ViViD 3GS 3G/HD/SD variable video delay with synchroniser (0.5 secs 3G/1 sec HD/5.5 secs SD)
- ViViD 3G-20 3G/HD/SD long variable video delay (10 secs 3G/20 secs HD/110 secs SD)
- ViViD 3GS-20 3G/HD/SD long variable video delay with synchroniser (10 secs 3G/20 secs HD/110 secs SD)
- AVDELAY 3G 3G/HD/SD audio/video delay
Not sure which delay is best for your application? Have a look at our video delays comparison chart to help you make a decision...
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org