What is it?
3G/HD/SD reclocking distribution amplifier with signal reporting.
Reason to choose it...
The eleven outputs is one very good reason. It's equally suited to distributing 3Gb/s, HD or SD signals – meaning no need to rush out to replace it when you upgrade. You'll get excellent jitter performance, save yourself rack space (with six DAs fitting in 2U) and your control system will know whether every DA has got an input thanks to the remote monitoring.
Distributing signals in multi-standard big systems, where you want status information about your signal and need multiple outputs. See who's using it.
Try out the 3GDA111R VisionWeb demo (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate 3GDA111R from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the 3GDA111R. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- 3G/HD/SD reclocking distribution amplifier
- Gives you multiple copies of a signal, with eleven outputs
- Equally suited to distributing 3Gb/s, HD or SD signals - and no need to rush out to replace it when you upgrade
- All outputs are DVB-ASI compatible (mixture of non-inverted and inverted outputs)
- High performance distribution with signal reclocking and excellent jitter performance
- Avoid data errors with high quality cable equalisation
- Ideal for big systems: remote monitoring of input present and signal type
- LED indication of input and board power supplies present
- Auto detection of input – recognises whether the standard is HD or SD and switches the output slew rate automatically
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (either RM41 + RM34 or RM67 + RM34)
- Relay bypass protection option available on RM67 + RM34 rear module
- Housed in Indigo rack frames
- Space-saving: 'double decker' 100mm x 266mm module allows six 3GDA111R in 2U (three in 1U and one in desk top box)
- Flexible control and monitoring: board edge, GPI, frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, Statesman Lite PC software or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
- This product is available to either purchase or hire, with hire pricing typically 6% of list price per week (with one week minimum hire period and £200 minimum charge)
Distribute signals in multi-standard environments
The 3GDA111R is a reclocking distribution amplifier providing high quality distribution of 3Gb/s HD, HD or SD sources.
It gives eleven reclocked outputs.
All outputs are DVB-ASI compatible - a useful feature given the wide use of ASI within the broadcast environment - with a mixture of non-inverted and inverted outputs.
It is suited to providing high performance distribution for any multi-standard environments, for broadcasters who need to distribute 3Gb/s now or in the near future, and for engineers who want to 'future proof' their SD or HD installations.
The 3GDA111R gives excellent jitter performance on long cable runs.
With auto detection of input, it will recognise whether the standard is HD or SD and switch the output slew rate automatically, in addition to illuminating the appropriate LED.
The 3GDA111R will always choose an appropriate cable equaliser for the signal type, ensuring an SD cable length in excess of 250m with Belden 8281 or equivalent, and up to 140m for HD and 80m for 3Gb/s with Belden 1694A - with no data errors.
Local monitoring is available, with LED indication of input and power supplies present.
Monitor your signals
The 3GDA111R is ideal for those seeking information about their signal, especially in big systems.
Your broadcast control system will know whether every DA in the system has got an input. It provides remote monitoring of input present and 3G/HD or SD signal, using either the integrated control panel on the AE frames, a remote control panel, GPIs, SNMP, the Statesman Lite PC software or the VisionWeb Control web browser software. Try the 3GDA111R VisionWeb demo...
SNMP additionally allows alarms to be set on loss of input and change in signal type.
Save rack space - and protect your output
Fitting in the Crystal Vision Indigo frames (available in 2U, 1U and desk top box sizes), this space-saving 'double decker' 100mm x 266mm module sits in two frame slots allowing up to six DAs in 2U.
It uses either the RM41 and RM34 frame rear modules together or the RM67 and RM34 rear modules together to access the one 3Gb/s, HD or SD input and eleven outputs.
The RM67 includes relay bypass protection, guaranteeing the maintenance of one output in the event of power failure or board removal.
'Double decker' module 266mm x 100mm (uses two frame slots)
Power consumption: 8 Watts
One 3Gb/s or HD or SD input
270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s or 3Gb/s serial compliant to SMPTE 259 or ASI data, SMPTE 292-1 and SMPTE 424/425-A
3Gb/s cable equalisation up to 80m with Belden 1694A or equivalent
HD cable equalisation up to 140m with Belden 1694A or equivalent (approx. 100m with Belden 8281)
SD cable equalisation >250m Belden 8281 or equivalent
Input return loss: -15dB for 50MHz to 1.5GHz
Auto detection of input – recognises whether the standard is 3G/HD or SD and switches the output slew rate automatically
Eleven reclocked 3Gb/s, HD or SD outputs using RM41 and RM34 frame rear modules together or RM67 and RM34 rear modules together
The RM67 frame rear module provides relay bypass protection. An electromechanical relay switch needs power to hold the switch in one state and will revert to the other state (board bypass) on loss of power. It prevents signal loss by mechanically connecting the input of the 3GDA111R to one of its outputs on complete frame power failure or board removal
270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s or 3Gb/s serial compliant to SMPTE 259 or ASI data, SMPTE 292-1 and SMPTE 424/425-A. Output follows the input format
All outputs are DVB-ASI compatible, with nine non-inverted outputs and two inverted outputs
DELAY THROUGH BOARD
LED INDICATION OF:
Power supplies okay
GPI OUTPUT LEVELS
Electrically: Open collector transistors 30V, 270 ohm current limit resistors. Pulled up to +5V through 6800 ohm
Four GPI outputs
Input 3G or HD
Power supplies okay
Monitoring of input present and 3G/HD or SD signal
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows operation using a standard web browser on a PC or tablet
Statesman Lite allows monitoring from any PC on a network
SNMP monitoring available as a frame option
Monitor using ASCII and JSON protocols
Monitor from integrated control panel on Indigo 1AE-DP frame
Monitor from VisionPanel 3U remote panel
What outputs do I get?
RM41 + RM34 rear module label and connections
More about the RM41 + RM34
Connectors: 12 BNCs
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 2U: 6
Boards in 1U: 3
Boards in desk top box: 1
Why use it: It's the default rear module combination for the 3GDA111R - use it when you don't need relay bypass protection
Also used for: 3GDA111C and MADDA111, and the following when fitted with a DA6 top board: Q-Down-AG 3G, Q-Down-ATG 3G, Up-Down 3G, Up-Down-A 3G, Up-Down-AFD 3G, Up-Down-AT 3G, Up-Down-ATX 3G, Up-Down-AS 3G, Up-Down-AFDS 3G, Up-Down-ATS 3G and Up-Down-ATXS 3G
RM67 + RM34 rear module label and connections
More about the RM67 + RM34
Connectors: 12 BNCs
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 2U: 6
Boards in 1U: 3
Boards in desk top box: 1
Why use it: You want relay bypass protection
For more visual technical information, download the 3GDA111R block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 100mm x 266mm module...
- 3G/HD/SD reclocking distribution amplifier with eleven outputs and signal reporting
Next choose your frame size and power supplies - from 2U to desk top box...
- Indigo 2SE
- CoolFlow 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo DT
- Desk top box with passive front panel for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply
- Indigo DTSE
- Desk top box with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- 160 Watts power supply for Indigo 2SE frame. Requires either one PSU-160i (no redundancy) or two PSU-160i if power supply redundancy is required
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- RM41 + RM34
- Two single slot frame rear modules used together. Allows six 3GDA111R in in 2U, three in 1U and one in desk top box. Gives access to one 3Gb/s, HD or SD input and eleven 3Gb/s, HD or SD outputs
- RM67 + RM34
- Two single slot frame rear modules used together. Allows six 3GDA111R in in 2U, three in 1U and one in desk top box. Provides relay bypass protection of the input. Gives access to one 3Gb/s, HD or SD input and eleven 3Gb/s, HD or SD outputs
Finally - control. Use board edge switches, the integrated control panel if you've selected the 'AE' frame, a web browser running the free VisionWeb Control (included within the frame software), or alternatively order one of the items below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
- Statesman Lite
- Free-of-charge PC Control System - download the latest version
- SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
Who's using it?
Users of the 3GDA digital video distribution amplifiers include...
- What does it cost? Request a quote for 3GDA111R...
- Want to hire instead? Request a hire quote...
- What controls has it got? Try out the VisionWeb demo for 3GDA111R...
- Want more information? Get the 3GDA111R user manual (and SNMP MIB) by signing up for the Registered Area now
- The 3GDA111R module needs to be housed in a rack frame - look at the frame options
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Indigo frame system...
- 3GDA105R 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (5 outputs)
- 3GDA105C 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA (5 outputs)
- 3GDA111C 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA (11 outputs)
- 3GDA204R dual channel 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (2 outputs per channel)
- 3GDA210R dual channel 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (5 outputs per channel)
- VDA110M HD single channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with manual control
- VDA110R HD single channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control
- VDA210M HD dual channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with manual control
From the Vision frame system...
- 3GDA-VF 3G/HD/SD video distribution amplifier with remote control (12 outputs)
- VDA-VF HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control (12 outputs)
Not sure which DA is best for your application? Have a look at our video distribution amplifiers comparison chart to help you make a decision...
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org