What is it?
Dual channel AES digital audio distribution amplifier.
Reason to choose it...
With up to four outputs per channel, you'll get the choice of reclocking or non-reclocking, 110 ohm or 75 ohm input and output impedance and 32kHz to 192kHz sample rates. The DADA-VF is also our first digital audio DA to include remote control and monitoring, with the audio silence detection feature useful for indicating system faults.
Distribution of AES or Word Clock reference in all broadcast areas. See who's using our DADAs.
Try out the DADA-VF VisionWeb GUI (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate the DADA-VF from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the DADA-VF. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- Dual channel digital audio distribution amplifier
- Configure as either dual channel device (with up to four outputs per channel) or single channel device (with up to eight outputs)
- User-selectable signal reclocking makes it ideal for high protection requirements – can correct unstable AES inputs
- Supports Word Clock reference distribution (with reclocking switched off)
- Flexible support for 110 ohm and 75 ohm input and output impedance and 32kHz to 192kHz sample rates
- Detect system faults with audio silence monitoring
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (either VR20, VR21 or VR22)
- Housed in Vision rack frames
- Space-saving: 96mm x 325mm card allows up to 20 DADA-VF in 3U (ten with VR22 rear module fitted)
- Flexible control and monitoring: frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, ASCII and JSON protocols or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
- This product is available to either purchase or hire, with hire pricing typically 6% of list price per week (with one week minimum hire period and £200 minimum charge)
Distribute AES audio anywhere
The DADA-VF is a dual digital audio distribution amplifier, ideal for use in all broadcast areas where AES signals need to be distributed.
The DADA-VF can be set to reclock to provide high protection and correct unstable AES inputs. Alternatively the reclocking can be switched off where the quality of the AES inputs is known or for Word Clock distribution.
This flexible product includes support for 110 ohm and 75 ohm input and output impedance, as well as supporting a range of input sampling frequencies from 32kHz to 192kHz, with automatic detection of sample rate.
Configure your inputs and outputs
The DADA-VF can be configured either as a dual channel device with two inputs and up to four outputs of each channel, or alternatively as a single channel device with one input and up to eight outputs. When used as a dual channel device it can fit up to 40 channels in 3U.
If you're using 110 ohm AES you'll get four outputs of each channel with the single slot VR21 frame rear module. If you're using 75 ohm AES, you can select either the single slot VR20 rear module to get three outputs of channel 1 and two outputs of channel 2, or the double slot VR22 for the maximum outputs (four outputs of each channel).
Detect system faults
Audio silence detection can help alert you to system faults.
A delay and threshold before an alarm is asserted can be set to prevent false alarming during quiet audio periods. An audio level check is performed for AES 1 and AES 2, and if the audio signal level falls below the selected level for a period of time from two to 120 seconds, then an alarm is triggered. The audio silence level setting can be selected from -48dBFS, -54dBFS, -60dBFS, -66dBFS, -72dBFS, -78dBFS, -84dBFS and -90dBFS.
All control is done remotely. The DADA-VF is Crystal Vision's first digital audio DA to include remote control and monitoring, with the options including an integrated control panel on the Vision frame, the VisionPanel remote control panel, our ASCII and JSON protocols, SNMP and the VisionWeb web browser control. Try the DADA-VF VisionWeb demo...
The DADA-VF features remote selection of dual or single channel, reclocking or non-reclocking, 110 ohm or 75 ohm input and output and the silence indication delay and threshold. There is remote monitoring of input presence, audio silence and sample rate for each channel.
Save rack space
Fitting in the standard Vision frames (currently available in 3U size), the DADA-VF is a space-saving 96mm x 325mm card that sits in one frame slot - allowing up to 20 DAs in 3U, depending on the rear module fitted.
Standard Vision card 96mm x 303mm (96mm x 325mm including finger pull)
Power consumption: 4 Watts
Two AES inputs (16, 20 or 24 bit)
110 ohm (balanced) D-Type or 75 ohm (unbalanced) BNC
32kHz to 192kHz input with optional reclocking
Supports Word Clock distribution (no reclocking)
Standards supported for balanced and unbalanced audio: AES3-2009 parts 1 to 4
Outputs 1-4 always from input 1
Outputs 5-8 selectable to come from either input 1 or input 2
Up to four AES outputs per channel when configured as dual channel device, depending on impedance and frame rear module used: three outputs of channel 1 and two outputs of channel 2 with single slot VR20 (75 ohm), four outputs of each channel with single slot VR21 (110 ohm) and four outputs of each channel with VR22 (75 ohm)
Up to eight AES outputs when configured as single channel device, depending on impedance and frame rear module used: five outputs with single slot VR20 (75 ohm), eight outputs with single slot VR21 (110 ohm) and eight outputs with double slot VR22 (75 ohm)
DELAY THROUGH BOARD
Less than 100us with reclocking enabled. Delay through board is reduced when not reclocking
An audio level check is performed for AES 1 and AES 2. The audio silence level setting can be selected from -48dBFS, -54dBFS, -60dBFS, -66dBFS, -72dBFS, -78dBFS, -84dBFS and -90dBFS. If the audio signal level falls below the selected level for a period of time from 2 to 120 seconds, then an alarm is triggered. AES 1 and AES 2 share the same silence time and threshold settings. The audio on the channels must be continuously silent for the full period – a single non-silent sample restarts the delay period
LED INDICATION OF:
Remote control of dual channel/single channel mode selection, reclocking/non-reclocking, silence indication time delay and threshold, 110 ohm balanced/75 ohm unbalanced input termination and 110 ohm balanced/75 ohm unbalanced output termination
Remote monitoring of input presence, audio silence and sample rate (32, 44.1, 48, 96 and 192 kHz) for AES 1, and input presence, audio silence and sample rate (32, 44.1, 48, 96 and 192 kHz) for AES 2
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows control and monitoring using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
SNMP monitoring and control available as standard
Control using ASCII and JSON protocols
Control from integrated control panel on Vision 3 frame
Control from VisionPanel 3U remote panel
NB. No board edge control available on Vision products
What outputs do I get?
VR20 rear module label and connections
More about the VR20
Connectors: 7 BNCs
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 3U: 20
Why use it: You are using 75 ohm AES and you'd rather fit more cards in a frame than get the maximum outputs
Also used for: 3GDA-VF
VR21 rear module label and connections
More about the VR21
Connectors: 25-way standard density D-Type and 15-way standard density D-Type
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 3U: 20
Why use it: You are using 110 ohm AES
Also used for: AADA-VF
VR22 rear module label and connections
More about the VR22
Connectors: 10 BNCs
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 3U: 10
Why use it: You are using 75 ohm AES and you are happy using two frame slots to get the maximum number of outputs
Also used for: No other boards
For more visual technical information, download the DADA-VF block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 96mm x 325mm card...
- Dual channel digital audio distribution amplifier with up to four outputs per channel
Next select your frame...
- Vision 3
- 3U frame with integrated control panel and smart CPU for up to 20 Crystal Vision cards from the Vision range. Includes two PSU3-VF power supplies for redundancy. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows 20 DADA-VF in 3U. Uses BNCs. Gives access to two 75 ohm AES inputs with three 75 ohm AES outputs of the first channel and two of the second
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows 20 DADA-VF in 3U. Uses D-Types. Gives access to two 110 ohm AES inputs with four 110 ohm AES outputs of each channel
- Double slot frame rear module. Allows ten DADA-VF in 3U. Uses BNCs. Gives access to two 75 ohm AES inputs with four 75 ohm AES outputs of each channel
Finally - control. Complimentary options include the frame's integrated control panel, the VisionWeb web browser control, SNMP and our ASCII and JSON protocols. Alternatively order the item below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
Who's using it?
Users of the DADA digital audio distribution amplifiers in the Vision and Indigo ranges include...
- What does it cost? Request a quote for the DADA-VF...
- Want to hire instead? Request a hire quote...
- What controls has it got? Try out the VisionWeb demo for the DADA-VF...
- Want more information? Get the DADA-VF user manual (and SNMP MIB) by signing up for the Registered Area now
- The DADA-VF card needs to be housed in a Vision 3 rack frame - find out more about the frame...
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Vision frame system...
- AADA-VF analogue audio distribution amplifier
- 3GDA-VF MADI audio distribution amplifier with 12 outputs
From the Indigo frame system...
- AADA416FM analogue audio distribution amplifier with manual control
- AADA416FR analogue audio distribution amplifier with remote control
- AADA-STM-1 stereo to mono distribution amplifier
- DADA208 reclocking digital audio distribution amplifier
- DADA208N non-reclocking digital audio distribution amplifier
- DADA208D digital audio delay and distribution amplifier
- MADDA105 MADI audio distribution amplifier with five outputs
- MADDA111 MADI audio distribution amplifier with eleven outputs
Not sure which audio DA is best for your application? Have a look at our Indigo and Vision audio distribution amplifiers comparison chart to help you make a decision...
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org