FRX-VF fibre optic receiver
What is it?
Dual channel fibre optic to 3Gb/s, HD or SD receiver.
Reason to choose it...
You'll get robust transport of your signals over long distances while saving money and rack space with this dual channel product allowing up to 40 channels in 3U. With the two outputs per channel, you can even use it as a distribution amplifier.
Any SMPTE 297-2006 short-haul applications where 3Gb/s, HD and SD sources need to be transported over long distances – such as moving signals around in big installations. See who's using our fibre transmitters and receivers.
Try out the FRX-VF VisionWeb GUI (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate the FRX-VF from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the FRX-VF. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
Dual channel fibre optic receiver - get up to 40 channels of fibre in 3U
Two independent optical inputs, each with two reclocked 3Gb/s, HD, SD or DVB-ASI outputs - meaning it can double as a distribution amplifier
Receive digital signals which have been sent over long distances via fibre - ideal for moving signals in large installations or between OB vehicles
Meets the SMPTE 297-2006 short-haul specification, allowing operation with single-mode and multi-mode fibre
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (VR14)
- Housed in Vision rack frames
- Space-saving: 96mm x 325mm card allows up to 20 FTX-VF in 3U
- Flexible control and monitoring: frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, ASCII and JSON protocols or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
- This product is available to either purchase or hire, with hire pricing typically 6% of list price per week (with one week minimum hire period and £200 minimum charge)
Transport your signals reliably
The FRX-VF fibre optic receiver helps provide a robust transport medium for transmitting 3Gb/s, HD or SD signals over large distances.
The FRX-VF receives a serial digital signal which has been sent down a fibre optic cable. It has two optical inputs with two reclocked 3Gb/s, HD or SD outputs per channel. This means it actually doubles as a DA and reduces the need, rack space and cost of having distribution amplifiers after the receiver. All outputs on the FRX-VF are DVB-ASI compatible and non-inverted. The FRX-VF recognises whether the standard is 3G/HD or SD and switches the slew rate automatically.
It is ideal for use with the FTX-VF fibre optic transmitter, but can be used with alternative transmitters.
Use it with single-mode and multi-mode fibre
The FRX-VF meets the SMPTE 297-2006 short-haul specification, allowing operation with the more popular single-mode fibre, as well as multi-mode fibre.
This makes it suitable for a wide range of applications - from moving signals in large installations to passing signals between Outside Broadcast vehicles.
All monitoring is done remotely. The remote monitoring options for the FRX-VF include an integrated control panel on the Vision 3 frame, the VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, our ASCII and JSON protocols and the VisionWeb web browser control. Try the FRX-VF VisionWeb demo...
The FRX-VF has remote monitoring of input present, received power and optical input power level for each channel – allowing you to check that light is being passed effectively. 'Overload' or 'High' readings may result in a poor video output and can be helped by using an optical attenuator or longer fibre cable. 'Low' or 'Too Low' readings may be the result of dirty optical connectors or excessive fibre cable runs.
- Find out more about the frame integrated control panel
- Find out more about VisionPanel
- Find out more about VisionWeb Control
- Find out more about SNMP
- Find out more about the ASCII and JSON protocols
Save rack space
Fitting in the standard Vision frames (currently available in 3U size), the FRX-VF is a space-saving 96mm x 325mm card that sits in one frame slot – allowing up to 20 fibre receivers in 3U. Sharing a frame makes it easy to transport or receive signals from the other products in the company's Vision range.
The inputs and outputs are accessing by using the VR14 frame rear module.
Standard Vision card 96mm x 303mm (96mm x 325mm including finger pull)
Power consumption: 4 Watts
Two optical inputs
Meets the SMPTE 297-2006 specification. This allows operation with single-mode and multi-mode fibre
Works with the following video standards: 625i, 525i, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 2048x1080p23.98*, 2048x1080p24*, 2048x1080p25*, 2048x1080p29.97*, 2048x1080p30*, 2048x1080PsF23.98*, 2048x1080PsF24*, 2048x1080PsF25*, 2048x1080PsF29.97*, 2048x1080PsF30* (*= YUV 4:2:2 10 bit)
Optical wavelength: 1260-1620nm
Input level maximum: -1dBm
Input level minimum: Typical -20dBm (-18dBm 3Gb/s pathological)
Connector type: LC
Two reclocked 3Gb/s, HD or SD outputs per channel using VR14 frame rear module
Will drive 270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s or 3Gb/s serial compliant to SMPTE 259 or ASI data, SMPTE 292-1 and SMPTE 424/425-A
Passes all 3Gb/s, HD and SD signals transparently, including pathological signals
Outputs are DVB-ASI compatible, with all outputs non-inverted
Recognises whether the standard is 3G/HD or SD and switches the slew rate automatically
DELAY THROUGH BOARD
Less than 100ns
LED INDICATION OF:
Remote monitoring for channels 1 and 2 of input present, received power (-25dBm to 0dBm in 1dBm steps) and optical input power level (Overload, High, Good, Low or Too low)
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows monitoring using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
SNMP monitoring available as standard
Monitor using ASCII and JSON protocols
Monitor from integrated control panel on Vision 3 frame
Monitor from VisionPanel 3U remote panel
NB. No board edge control available on Vision products
What outputs do I get?
VR14 rear module label and connections
More about the VR14
Connectors: 6 BNCs and dual LC fibre
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 3U: 20
Why use it: It's the only rear module for the FRX-VF
Also used for: FTX-VF, UP-DOWN-A-VF, UP-DOWN-AS-VF, UP-DOWN-ATX-VF and UP-DOWN-ATXS-VF
For more visual technical information, download the FRX-VF block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 96mm x 325mm card...
- Dual channel fibre optic to 3Gb/s, HD or SD receiver
Next select your frame...
- Vision 3
- 3U frame with integrated control panel and smart CPU for up to 20 Crystal Vision cards from the Vision range. Includes two PSU3-VF power supplies for redundancy. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows 20 FRX-VF in 3U. Gives access to two optical inputs and two 3Gb/s, HD or SD outputs per channel
Finally - control. Complimentary options include the frame's integrated control panel, the VisionWeb web browser control, SNMP and our ASCII and JSON protocols. Alternatively order the item below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
Who's using it?
Users of the fibre optic transmitters and receivers in the Vision and Indigo ranges include...
- What does it cost? Request a quote for the FRX-VF...
- Want to hire instead? Request a hire quote...
- What controls has it got? Try out the VisionWeb demo for the FRX-VF...
- Want more information? Get the FRX-VF user manual (and SNMP MIB) by signing up for the Registered Area now
- The FRX-VF card needs to be housed in a Vision 3 rack frame - find out more about the frame...
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Vision frame system...
- FTX-VF 3G/HD/SD fibre optic transmitter
From the Indigo frame system...
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org