What is it?
IP to 3G/HD/SD SDI gateway app for SMPTE ST 2110.
Reason to choose it...
It’s got all the features you need. Supporting the full suite of SMPTE ST 2110 standards, it includes full VLAN support, traffic shaping, discrete AES output, PTP synchronisation, ten frames of video delay, unicast and multicast transmission support, signal status monitoring, extensive IP flow monitoring and support for IS-04 and IS-05. Plus it's future-proof – when this functionality is no longer required you can simply install a different low-cost app on your MARBLE-V1 hardware.
De-encapsulating any SDI feeds from uncompressed SMPTE ST 2110 10GbE IP networks.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the IP-SDI6-2110. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- IP to 3G/HD/SD SDI gateway
- Software app that runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor
- De-encapsulates SDI from 10GbE video over IP networks
- Supports the SMPTE ST 2110 protocol suite of standards for essence-based input flows
- Converts to up to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s SDI output connections from the two input 10GbE IP network interfaces
- Allows discrete AES output via DIOP8 audio piggyback
- Supports 31 SDI video standards
- Full range of VLAN support
- Unicast and multicast transmission support
- PTP synchronisation, with support for master and secondary domain
- Supports input flow types N, NL and Wide (SMPTE ST 2110-21 traffic shaping profiles)
- Know your signal is present and valid, thanks to signal monitoring and fault detection
- IP flow monitoring including flow type, bit rate, packet loss, duplicated packets, physical layer errors and packet delay variation
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (VR06)
- Housed in Vision rack frames
- Space-saving: MARBLE-V1 media processor is a ‘double slot’ 96mm x 325mm card, with up to ten MARBLE-V1 fitting in 3U
- Supports IS-04 and IS-05
- Flexible control and monitoring: frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, ASCII and JSON protocols or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
Robust IP to SDI conversion
The IP-SDI6-2110 IP gateway de-encapsulates SDI from uncompressed 10GbE IP networks.
The IP-SDI6-2110 app converts to up to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s SDI output connections, with flexible assignment of converted ST 2110 essence-based flows from any combination of the two input 10GbE IP network interfaces. That flexibility also includes the ability to accept dual flows for signal redundancy.
There is a choice of fibre modules for the fibre SFP+ 10GbE IP network interfaces: either 850nm multi-mode for up to 300m or 1310nm single-mode for up to 10km.
Other features include full VLAN support with no restrictions and unicast and multicast transmission support.
It's a software app
The future-proof IP-SDI6-2110 is a software app that runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor – purpose-built video over IP hardware that fits in the Vision frames. Apps that are bought with the hardware can be replaced with different low-cost apps as needs change, helping you make the most of your budget. No other IP products make it quite so easy for your systems to grow and mature with the transition.
More about MARBLE-V1
Featuring a powerful CPU/GPU processor, the MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware has six bi-directional SDI connections, four 10GbE SFP+ network interface ports and eight bi-directional discrete AES stereo channels. The software app installed determines the functionality. App licences are tied to the MARBLE hardware and are for the life of the app until the owner releases or transfers a licence.
Dealing with the video, audio and data
Audio, video and data are assigned and embedded to output SDI or to AES discrete audio via the DIOP8 audio piggyback.
SMPTE ST 2110-20 video flows are de-encapsulated per sender RFC 4566 Session Description Protocol (SDP) and synchronised to network PTP, in accordance to the ST 2110-10 timing and synchronisation standard. Input flows support N, NL or Wide traffic shaping profiles. The MARBLE-V1 hardware platform has sufficient resources to be tolerant of any distribution of packets. The flows are then monitored for signal integrity and configured for SDI output via a user controlled matrix.
SMPTE ST 2110-30/AES67 audio flows are de-encapsulated and monitored for presence and silence and then routed via a user control matrix following the reading of SDP. These audio flows can be configured for embedding into the SDI outputs as well as being output as external AES via the DIOP8 audio piggyback. AES3 over IP is supported for non-PCM streams adhering to ST 2110-31.
SMPTE ST 2110-40 data flows are de-encapsulated and are available for embedding into the output SDI via the user control matrix, using flow SDP for ancillary line number and horizontal offset when possible. Output SDI will meet the requirements of SMPTE ST 291 when constructing the horizontal and vertical ancillary spaces.
Timing and delay
Outputs are synchronised using system Precision Time Protocol (PTP), adhering to the ST 2110-10 standard. PTP timing is universal to all output flows. PTP redundancy is achieved by a system master/backup setup configuration.
The output timing can be fully adjusted with respect to the system PTP using three time-based controls (0 - 42ms adjustable in 0.1ms steps, 0 - 100us adjustable in 1us steps and 0 - 1us adjustable in 5ns steps).
An additional ten frames of delay (adjustable in one frame steps) allows compensation for any big system delays and can be configured individually for each output flow.
Flag up faulty signals
The IP-SDI6-2110 includes signal status monitoring for peace of mind. The status indications available are video present, video format, video black, video frozen, PTP master and backup clock present and audio groups present, with the IP-SDI6-2110 able to provide warnings of any problems via SNMP traps.
The video black and video frozen parameters can be delayed by 2-60 seconds before an alarm is asserted to prevent false alarming during brief video pauses.
The extensive IP flow monitoring on the input flows includes flow type, bit rate, packet loss, duplicated packets, physical layer errors and packet delay variation.
All control is done remotely. The remote control and monitoring options for the IP-SDI6-2110 app running on the MARBLE-V1 media processor include an integrated control panel on the Vision 3 frame, the VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP and the VisionWeb web browser control. The IP-SDI6-2110 app will also support AMWA NMOS IS-04 for discovery andregistration and IS-05 for device connection management.
Save rack space
Fitting in the standard Vision frames (currently available in 3U size), MARBLE-V1 is a space-saving 96mm x 325mm card that sits in one frame slot – allowing up to ten media processors in 3U. The double slot VR06 frame rear module is used to access the inputs and outputs on the IP-SDI6-2110 app.
IP-SDI6-2110 app running on MARBLE-V1 media processor...
‘Double slot’ Vision card 96mm x 303mm (96mm x 325mm including finger pull)
Power consumption: 25 Watts
Two fibre SFP+ 10GbE IP network interfaces. Choice of fibre modules: either 850nm multi-mode (for up to 300m) or 1310nm single-mode (for up to 10km)
De-encapsulated inputs can be different standards but must be same frame rate
If the input is 3Gb/s then flows 1, 3 and 5 should be used and flows 2, 4 and 6 should be disabled
Protocols supported on network interfaces: SMPTE ST 2110-10, -20, -21, -30, -31, -40, -50, IGMPv3, ARP, ICMP ping, IPv4, IPv6 (future), IEEE802.1q, VLAN, IEEE802.3-2012 (10G Ethernet)
Input flows can be any distribution of IP packets fully supporting N, NL and Wide
Any IP input sender can be assigned to either of two 10GbE IP network interfaces. Typical use might have the second 10GbE network interface used as input protect for link redundancy, which protects the stream from lost packets by receiving two streams of the same data using different routing to the destination
Alternatively, it is possible to have a unicast on one 10GbE interface and a multicast on the other
Three 3Gb/s SDI outputs or six HD or SD SDI outputs
270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s or 3Gb/s serial compliant to SMPTE 259, SMPTE 292-1 and SMPTE 424/425-A
The video formats supported are 625i, 525i, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 2048x1080p23.98*, 2048x1080p24*, 2048x1080p25*, 2048x1080p29.97*, 2048x1080p30*, 2048x1080PsF23.98*, 2048x1080PsF24*, 2048x1080PsF25*, 2048x1080PsF29.97*, 2048x1080PsF30* (*= YUV 4:2:2 10 bit)
The video loss controls allow the user to select what will happen to an SDI output in the event that the input flow is lost. The user can specify to freeze the last good frame or show a black or blue screen or 100% colour bars (with or without an initial delay of three seconds). No output can also be selected. This is independently adjustable on each SDI output
The test pattern controls allow the user to override an input and force the SDI output to output colour bars, blue or black or freeze the picture – useful during installation when input signals may not yet be applied. This is independently adjustable on each SDI output
SMPTE ST 2110 essence-based IP to audio, video and data streams for SDI construction from IP networks
SDP is read to ensure that signals are presented correctly to the user control matrix
Flows from either network interface can be routed to any SDI output or audio to AES outputs
User configure matrix for embedding elements to SDI or to output AES audio via DIOP8 audio piggyback
Flow analyser handles the analysis and reconstruction of the protected streams
DISCRETE AUDIO OUTPUTS
1-8 AES via DIOP8 audio piggyback
TIMING AND SYNCHRONISATION
Outputs are synchronised using master or backup system PTP
PTP timing is universal to all outputs
PTP is via 10GbE network connection
PTP redundancy is achieved by system master/backup setup configuration
PTP health is monitored and can be used to raise SNMP alarm
Output timing can be fully adjusted with respect to the system PTP using time based controls: 0 - 42ms adjustable in 0.1ms steps, 0 - 100us adjustable in 1us steps and 0 - 1us adjustable in 5ns steps
An additional ten frames of video delay (adjustable in one frame steps) allows compensation for any big system delays. This delay can be configured individually for each SDI output
DELAY THROUGH CARD
Minimum delay: TBD
LED INDICATION OF:
Checks can be performed on the following video and audio parameters, with faults provided via SNMP traps and VisionWeb signal status:
- Video present
- Video format
- Video black
- Video frozen
- PTP master and backup clock present
- Audio groups present in flow
The video black and video frozen parameters can be delayed by 2-60 seconds before an alarm is asserted to prevent false alarming during brief video pauses
The following IP parameters are monitored for input flows:
- Flow type (2110 or 2022)
- Bit rate
- Packet loss
- Duplicated packets
- Physical layer errors (where received packets are corrupt)
- Packet delay variation. Shown as the skew (difference in time of packet arrival) between the main and protected input, and also as the min and max nano second gap between the packets on each input
Supports IS-04 and IS-05
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows control and monitoring using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
Control from integrated control panel on Vision 3 frame and remote panel
SNMP monitoring and control available as standard
Control using ASCII and JSON protocols
Licences for an app are tied to the installed MARBLE hardware
A licence is for the life of the product until the owner releases or transfers a licence
New licences will be provided with new apps purchased for existing MARBLE hardware
What outputs do I get?
VR06 rear module label and connections
More about the VR06
Connectors: 6 BNCs, 1 D-Type and 2 dual LC fibre
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 3U: 10
Why use it: It's the only rear module for the IP-SDI6-2110
Also used for: SDI6-IP-2022, SDI6-IP-2110 and IP-SDI6-2022
For more visual technical information, download the IP-SDI6-2110 block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the software app...
- IP gateway which supports SMPTE ST 2110 essence-based suite of standards. Up to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s SDI output connections converted from IP data networks. Software app which runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor
Now choose your media processor hardware and SFP+ modules...
Select the DIOP8 audio piggyback if you want to output discrete digital audio...
Next select your frame...
- Vision 3
- 3U frame with integrated control panel and smart CPU for up to 20 Crystal Vision cards from the Vision range. Includes two PSU3-VF power supplies for redundancy. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Two slot frame rear module. Allows ten IP-SDI6-2110 in 3U. Gives access to two 10GbE IP input network interfaces, six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s output connections and all audio outputs
Next - control. Use the frame's integrated control panel, the VisionWeb web browser control or SNMP (both included in the frame for free), or alternatively order the item below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
Finally - extended support if required...
- App support
- Purchase with IP-SDI6-2110 app to get software upgrades for changes in standards, new features and bug fixes – costs 20% of app list price per year (with support for the first year included for free)
- What does it cost? Request a quote for the IP-SDI6-2110...
- The IP-SDI6-2110 app runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware which needs to be housed in a Vision 3 rack frame - find out more about the frame...
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Vision frame system...
- MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware which runs Crystal Vision's software apps
- SDI6-IP-2022 3G/HD/SD SDI to IP gateway app for SMPTE ST 2022
- IP-SDI6-2022 IP to 3G/HD/SD SDI gateway app for SMPTE ST 2022
- SDI6-IP-2110 3G/HD/SD SDI to IP gateway app for SMPTE ST 2110
- IP-IP-2022 IP to IP translator app for SMPTE ST 2022
- IP-IP-2110 IP to IP translator app for SMPTE ST 2110 and SMPTE ST 2022
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org