What is it?
3G/HD/SD SDI to IP gateway app for SMPTE ST 2022.
Reason to choose it...
All the features! These include full VLAN support, redundant streaming (supporting ST 2022-6 and 2022-7 protocols), flexible routing, sophisticated synchronising with a choice of timing sources including PTP, ten frames of video delay, unicast and multicast transmission support and signal status monitoring. Plus you can use it for as long as you need it – when this functionality is no longer required you can simply install a different low-cost app on your MARBLE-V1 hardware.
Encapsulating any SDI feeds to SMPTE ST 2022 for transport of uncompressed video over 10GbE IP networks.
Try out the SDI6-IP-2022 VisionWeb demo (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate the SDI6-IP-2022 app from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the SDI6-IP-2022. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- 3G/HD/SD SDI to IP gateway
- Software app that runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor
- Encapsulates SDI to IP to allow signal transportation over 10GbE IP networks
- Supports SMPTE ST 2022-6 and ST 2022-7 protocols
- Converts six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s SDI input connections and allows flexible assignment of the converted flows to either of the two output 10GbE IP network interfaces
- Second 10GbE network interface can be configured for SMPTE 2022-7 redundant streaming
- Supports 31 SDI video standards
- Full range of VLAN support
- Unicast and multicast transmission support
- SDI sources synchronised to common reference timing source prior to IP encapsulation for clean switching of sources into encapsulation flow
- Choice of multiple timing sources with fail-over: PTP, two analogue Black and Burst or tri-level syncs references via Vision frame, or video input
- Know your signal is present and valid, thanks to signal monitoring and fault detection
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (VR06)
- Housed in Vision rack frames
- Space-saving: MARBLE-V1 media processor is a ‘double slot’ 96mm x 325mm card, with up to ten MARBLE-V1 fitting in 3U
- Flexible control and monitoring: frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, ASCII and JSON protocols or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
Robust SDI to IP conversion
The SDI6-IP-2022 IP gateway encapsulates SDI to IP to allow the transport of uncompressed video over IP networks.
Supporting the SMPTE ST 2022-6 and ST 2022-7 protocols and 31 SDI video standards, the SDI6-IP-2022 converts up to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s SDI input connections and allows flexible assignment of the converted flows to either of the two output 10GbE IP network interfaces.
There is a choice of fibre modules for the fibre SFP+ 10GbE IP network interfaces: either 850nm multi-mode for up to 300m or 1310nm single-mode for up to 10km.
Features include full VLAN support with no restrictions and unicast and multicast transmission support.
It's a software app
The future-proof SDI6-IP-2022 is a software app that runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor – purpose-built video over IP hardware that fits in the Vision frames. Apps that are bought with the hardware can be replaced with different low-cost apps as needs change, helping you make the most of your budget. No other IP products make it quite so easy for your systems to grow and mature with the transition.
More about MARBLE-V1
Featuring a powerful CPU/GPU processor, the MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware has six bi-directional SDI connections, four 10GbE SFP+ network interface ports and eight bi-directional discrete AES stereo channels. The software app installed determines the functionality. App licences are tied to the MARBLE hardware and are for the life of the app until the owner releases or transfers a licence.
The second 10GbE IP network interface can be used as the protected output for SMPTE ST 2022-7 seamless protection switching, which protects the stream from lost packets by creating two streams of the same data using different routing to the destination.
Clean switching between flows
There are six SDI to output flow routers and any of the SDI sources can be routed to any output flow, with clean switching between flows. Any output flow can be routed to either network.
Choice of timing sources
SDI sources are synchronised to a common reference timing source prior to output flow routers and IP encapsulation for clean switching of sources into the encapsulation flow. The SDI6-IP-2022 supports Precision Time Protocol (PTP) in addition to the Vision frame's two analogue references or SDI inputs as a timing source, with user configurable options for timing source priority and redundancy. The chosen reference is the global reference source for all SDI inputs and output flows.
There are ten options for the reference selection, selectable via VisionWeb. (See the Specification for full details.) Should the timing source at the top of the list become missing or invalid, the card will move down the list until it finds a valid timing reference source.
The output timing can be fully adjusted with respect to the chosen reference using three time-based controls (0 - 42ms adjustable in 0.1ms steps, 0 - 100us adjustable in 1us steps and 0 - 1us adjustable in 5ns steps), with the selected timing alignment global to all output flows.
An additional ten frames of video delay (adjustable in one frame steps) allows compensation for any big system delays and can be configured individually for each output flow.
Flag up faulty signals
The SDI6-IP-2022 includes signal status monitoring for peace of mind. The status indications available are video present, video format, video black, video frozen, Reference 1 and 2 present, Reference 1 and 2 format, Reference 1 and 2 incompatible format, PTP master and backup clock present and audio groups present, with the SDI6-IP-2022 able to provide warnings of any problems via SNMP traps.
The video black and video frozen parameters can be delayed by 2-60 seconds before an alarm is asserted to prevent false alarming during brief video pauses.
All control is done remotely. The remote control and monitoring options for the SDI6-IP-2022 app running on the MARBLE-V1 media processor include an integrated control panel on the Vision 3 frame, the VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP and the VisionWeb web browser control. Try the SDI6-IP-2022 VisionWeb demo...
Save rack space
Fitting in the standard Vision frames (currently available in 3U size), MARBLE-V1 is a space-saving 96mm x 325mm card that sits in one frame slot – allowing up to ten media processors in 3U. The double slot VR06 frame rear module is used to access the inputs and outputs on the SDI6-IP-2022 app.
SDI6-IP-2022 app running on MARBLE-V1 media processor...
‘Double slot’ Vision card 96mm x 303mm (96mm x 325mm including finger pull)
Power consumption: 25 Watts
Three 3Gb/s SDI inputs or six HD or SD SDI inputs
If the input is 3Gb/s then inputs 1, 3 and 5 should be used and inputs 2, 4 and 6 should be disabled
Video inputs can be different standards but must be same frame rate
270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s or 3Gb/s serial compliant to SMPTE 259, SMPTE 292-1 and SMPTE 424/425-A
The video formats supported are 625i, 525i, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 2048x1080p23.98*, 2048x1080p24*, 2048x1080p25*, 2048x1080p29.97*, 2048x1080p30*, 2048x1080PsF23.98*, 2048x1080PsF24*, 2048x1080PsF25*, 2048x1080PsF29.97*, 2048x1080PsF30* (*= YUV 4:2:2 10 bit)
3Gb/s cable equalisation up to 100m using Belden 1694A. HD cable equalisation up to 140m with Belden 1694A or equivalent (approx. 100m with Belden 8281). SD cable equalisation >250m Belden 8281 or equivalent
Two fibre SFP+ 10GbE IP network interfaces. Choice of fibre modules: either 850nm multi-mode (for up to 300m) or 1310nm single-mode (for up to 10km)
Protocols supported on network interfaces: SMPTE 2022-6, SMPTE 2022-7, IGMPv3, ARP, ICMP ping, IPv4, IEEE802.1q, VLAN, IEEE802.3-2012 (10G Ethernet). Further SMPTE 2022 protocols will follow via a software upgrade
Second 10GbE IP network interface can be used as the protected output for SMPTE ST 2022-7 seamless protection switching, which protects the stream from lost packets by creating two streams of the same data using different routing to the destination
Alternatively it is possible to have a unicast on one 10GbE interface and a multicast on the other
The video loss controls allow the user to select what will happen to an output flow in the event that the input is lost. The user can specify to freeze the last good frame or show a black or blue screen or 100% colour bars (with or without an initial delay of three seconds). No output can also be selected. This is independently adjustable on each output flow
The test pattern controls allow the user to override an input and force the output flow to output colour bars, blue or black or freeze the picture – useful during installation when input signals may not yet be applied. This is independently adjustable on each output flow
SDI is encapsulated to IP to allow for signal transportation over 10GbE IP networks
Any output flow can be routed to either network
Traffic shaping is employed for compliance of output data rates
SMPTE ST 2022-7 flow protection facilitates the dual stream output
There are six SDI to output flow routers
Any of the SDI sources can be routed to any output flow. The default setting is SDI 1 to Flow 1, SDI 2 to Flow 2, SDI 3 to Flow 3, SDI 4 to Flow 4, SDI 5 to Flow 5 and SDI 6 to Flow 6
SDI sources are synchronised to common reference timing source prior to output flow routers and IP encapsulation for clean switching of sources into encapsulation flow
Choice of timing options:
- PTP (SMPTE 2059-2) master and backup, via 10GbE IP network interface
- Two tri-level syncs or analogue Black and Burst references (Reference 1 and Reference 2), connected via the Vision 3 frame
- SDI video input (defaults to SDI 1)
Chosen reference is the global reference source for all SDI inputs and output flows
There are ten options for the reference selection, selectable via VisionWeb. The hierarchy runs from left to right – should the timing source at the top of the list become missing or invalid, the card will move down the list until it finds a valid timing reference source:
("PTP” means PTP Master>PTP Backup. “SDI” means SDI1>SDI2>SDI3>SDI4> SDI5>SDI6)
When Auto relock enable is selected, the card will automatically relock when a lost reference is restored. Selecting Force lock (with Auto relock disabled) will force the synchroniser to relock after a reference is restored, and can be activated at a noncritical time to avoid video disturbance
PTP health is monitored and can be used to raise SNMP alarm
Output timing can be fully adjusted with respect to the reference using three time-based controls: 0 - 42ms adjustable in 0.1ms steps, 0 - 100us adjustable in 1us steps and 0 - 1us adjustable in 5ns steps. Sub frame timing alignment to chosen reference is global to all output flows
An additional ten frames of video delay (adjustable in one frame steps) allows compensation for any big system delays. This delay can be configured individually for each output flow
All ancillary data is passed from input to output
LED INDICATION OF:
Checks can be performed on the following video and audio parameters, with warnings of any problems provided via SNMP traps:
- Video present
- Video format
- Video black
- Video frozen
- Reference 1 and 2 present
- Reference 1 and 2 format
- Reference 1 and 2 incompatible format
- PTP master and backup clock present
- Audio group 1 present
- Audio group 2 present
- Audio group 3 present
- Audio group 4 present
The video black and video frozen parameters can be delayed by 2-60 seconds before an alarm is asserted to prevent false alarming during brief video pauses
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows control and monitoring using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
Control from integrated control panel on Vision 3 frame and remote panel
SNMP monitoring and control available as standard
Control using ASCII and JSON protocols
Licences for an app are tied to the installed MARBLE hardware
A licence is for the life of the product until the owner releases or transfers a licence
New licences will be provided with new apps purchased for existing MARBLE hardware
What outputs do I get?
VR06 rear module label and connections
More about the VR06
Connectors: 6 BNCs, 1 D-Type and 2 dual LC fibre
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 3U: 10
Why use it: It's the only rear module for the SDI6-IP-2022
Also used for: IP-SDI6-2022, SDI6-IP-2110 and IP-SDI6-2110
For more visual technical information, download the SDI6-IP-2022 block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the software app...
- IP gateway which supports SMPTE ST 2022. Up to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s SDI input connections, with flexible assignment of the converted flows to either of the two output 10GbE IP network interfaces. Alternatively the second network interface can be configured for SMPTE ST 2022-7 redundant streaming. Software app which runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor
Now choose your media processor hardware and SFP+ modules...
Next select your frame...
- Vision 3
- 3U frame with integrated control panel and smart CPU for up to 20 Crystal Vision cards from the Vision range. Includes two PSU3-VF power supplies for redundancy. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Two slot frame rear module. Allows ten SDI6-IP-2022 in 3U. Gives access to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s input connections and two 10GbE IP output network interfaces
Next - control. Use the frame's integrated control panel, the VisionWeb web browser control or SNMP (both included in the frame for free), or alternatively order the item below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
Finally - extended support if required...
- App support
- Purchase with SDI6-IP-2022 app to get software upgrades for changes in
standards, new features and bug fixes – costs 20% of app list price per year
(with support for the first year included for free)
- What does it cost? Request a quote for the SDI6-IP-2022...
- The SDI6-IP-2022 app runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware which needs to be housed in a Vision 3 rack frame - find out more about the frame...
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Vision frame system...
- MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware which runs Crystal Vision's software apps
- SDI6-IP-2110 3G/HD/SD SDI to IP gateway app for SMPTE ST 2110
- IP-SDI6-2022 IP to 3G/HD/SD SDI gateway app for SMPTE ST 2022
- IP-SDI6-2110 IP to 3G/HD/SD SDI gateway app for SMPTE ST 2110
- IP-IP-2022 IP to IP translator app for SMPTE ST 2022
- IP-IP-2110 IP to IP translator app for SMPTE ST 2110 and SMPTE ST 2022
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: email@example.com