What is it?
3G/HD/SD 8 x 3 crosspoint routing switch.
Reason to choose it...
If you're working with 3Gb/s, HD or SD and need to send eight inputs to three destinations, the SW803 3G will save you valuable rack space compared to a stand-alone routing switch. It's housed in the standard frames alongside the rest of your Crystal Vision equipment (allowing easy integration) with up to six routing switches fitting in 2U. Plus the dedicated hands-on control panel makes live operation easy.
Any studio application where you need a small or secondary matrix – and perfect for systems already using other Crystal Vision boards housed in the same frame. See who's using it.
Try out the SW803 3G VisionWeb GUI (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate SW803 3G from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the SW803 3G. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- 3G/HD/SD 8 x 3 crosspoint routing switch
- Eight sources can be routed to three destinations
- All outputs are DVB-ASI compatible (mixture of non-inverted and inverted outputs)
- Ideal for use as secondary matrix for small studio uses, alongside other Crystal Vision equipment housed in the same frame
- No picture disturbance on switching: can switch in vertical blanking interval
- Choice of timing sources: either HD tri-level syncs or SD Black and Burst analogue reference, or digital reference generated from any of the first four inputs
- Choose either immediate routing of a selected source to a selected destination, or use macros to change a number of outputs at once
- Save and recall up to 15 macros and presets - ideal if you regularly need to switch between several system set ups
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (2 x RM50)
- Housed in Indigo rack frames
- Space-saving: 'double decker' 100mm x 266mm module allows six SW803 3G in 2U (three in 1U and one in desk top box)
- Flexible control: dedicated 1U control panel (SW808 Controller), GPI, frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SBB-4 smart button box, SNMP, ASCII and JSON protocols, Statesman Lite PC software or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
- This product is available to either purchase or hire, with hire pricing typically 6% of list price per week (with one week minimum hire period and £200 minimum charge)
The perfect secondary matrix
The SW803 3G is an 8 x 3 crosspoint routing switch designed to route eight 3Gb/s, HD or SD sources to any of three destinations.
All outputs are DVB-ASI compatible, with a mixture of non-inverted and inverted outputs for each input.
Ideal for those applications requiring a small pocket of extra routing, the SW803 3G is perfect as a secondary matrix for small studio uses and is particularly suited to applications already using other Crystal Vision boards – such as providing a selection of backgrounds for a chroma keyer.
Easy to set switches
The SW803 3G makes it easy to set individual switches: simply select the output, select the input and press the ‘Take’ button. Alternatively multiple switch macros can be created to change a number of crosspoint switches simultaneously.
Avoid picture disturbance
To avoid picture disturbance, the SW803 3G can switch in the vertical blanking interval according to SMPTE RP 168-2009, with timing information provided by either an HD tri-level syncs or SD Black and Burst analogue reference, or by a digital reference generated from any of the four main board inputs.
The SW803 3G can also be set to switch immediately – useful in cases when all the signals have different timings and there is no common reference.
Choose your control
Control of the SW803 3G is quick and easy – whichever method you choose.
Those who prefer tactile hands-on operation should select the SW808 Controller 1U control panel. Connected to the SW803 3G using an RS422 serial link, it has dedicated illuminated buttons for each of the three destinations and eight sources as well as buttons for ‘Take’ and the ‘Save’ and ‘Recall’ of macros.
Useful features include the ability to quickly identify which input is connected to which output – press the destination button and the source connected to it will light – along with the ‘off’ switch being dimly lit to simplify operation in low light.
At only 90mm deep, the 1U high and 19 inches wide SW808 Controller fits easily in a control desk and is ideal for live operation and for when the SW803 3G has regular adjustment.
Alternative control options include an integrated control panel on the AE frame, the VisionPanel remote panel, the SBB-4 smart button box, SNMP, our ASCII and JSON protocols, GPIs, the Statesman Lite PC software and the VisionWeb web browser control. Try the SW803 3G VisionWeb demo...
Pre-configure it using macros and presets
Using any of these control methods, as well as GPIs, up to 15 macros and presets can be easily created and stored - allowing you to pre-configure the SW803 3G for various situations and then recall these configurations as required.
A macro is a batch of crosspoint assignments which are changed together and will only affect those crosspoints – allowing you to change part of the routing but leave the rest alone.
A preset, meanwhile is a snapshot of the router table which shows the state of every crosspoint as well as set up data, switching mode and reference selection, and should be used when all the routing needs to be brought into a known state.
Ideal for bigger systems, macros and presets are ideal if you have several system set ups that you switch between on a regular basis.
Identify your sources and desintations
For additional ease of use names can be assigned to the sources and destinations – either using Statesman and the active front panels or by inserting labels under the keycaps on the SW808 Controller.
Save rack space
Housed in the standard frames alongside the rest of the Crystal Vision interface and keying boards and with up to six SW803 3G fitting in 2U, this ‘double decker’ 100mm x 266mm module saves valuable rack space compared to a stand-alone routing switch.
It uses two RM50 frame rear modules to access the eight inputs and three outputs.
‘Double decker’ module 266mm x 100mm (uses two frame slots)
Power consumption: 14 Watts
Eight 3Gb/s, HD or SD inputs
270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s or 3Gb/s serial compliant to SMPTE 259 or ASI data, SMPTE 292-1 and SMPTE 424/425-A
The video formats supported are 625, 525, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p50, 1080p59.94 and 1080p60
3Gb/s cable equalisation up to 80m using Belden 1694A. HD cable equalisation up to 140m with Belden 1694A or equivalent (approx. 100m with Belden 8281). SD cable equalisation >250m Belden 8281 or equivalent
Input return loss: - 15dB for 50MHz to 1.5GHz
Auto 50/59.94/60Hz and video format selection
Three 3Gb/s, HD or SD outputs using two RM50 frame rear modules together
270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s or 3Gb/s serial compliant to SMPTE 259 or ASI data, SMPTE 292-1 and SMPTE 424/425-A. Output follows the input format
All outputs are DVB-ASI compatible. Inputs 1 to 4 have two non-inverted outputs and one inverted output. Inputs 5 to 8 have one non-inverted output and two inverted outputs
DELAY THROUGH BOARD
ROUTING AND TIMING INFORMATION
The eight inputs can be routed to any of the three outputs. One source can go to more than one destination
The SW803 3G allows both immediate routing of a selected single input to a selected output, and multiple routing to change a number of outputs at once by using a macro. Up to 15 macros can be saved and recalled. Macros do not affect all of the outputs and allow part of the routing to be changed
Up to 15 presets (a snapshot of the state of every crosspoint) can be saved and recalled
The switch timing can be either immediate or timed (field or frame)
Vertical interval switching to SMPTE RP168-2009
Timing information is provided by either an HD tri-level syncs or SD Black and Burst analogue reference, or by a digital reference generated from any of the four main board inputs
LED INDICATION OF:
Eight inputs present
GPI INPUT LEVELS
Active pull to ground, pulled up to +5V through 4700 ohm
GPI OUTPUT LEVELS
Electrically: Open collector transistors 30V, 270 ohm current limit resistors. Pulled up to +5V through 6800 ohm
Five GPI inputs – configurable for input selection/routing
One GPI output - user configurable
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows operation using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
Statesman Lite allows control from any PC on a network
SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
Control using ASCII and JSON protocols
SW808 Controller is a dedicated 1U control panel allowing tactile operation
Control from integrated control panel on Indigo 1AE-DP frame
Control from VisionPanel 3U remote panel
SBB-4 smart button box connects to the frame via Ethernet and provides four programmable LCD switches (which are configured for each order). The SBB-4 uses information from VisionWeb for settings. Uses Power over Ethernet so must be used with PoE enabled switch
What outputs do I get?
2 x RM50 rear module label and connections
More about the 2 x RM50
Connectors: 12 BNCs
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 2U: 6
Boards in 1U: 3
Boards in desk top box: 1
Why use it: It's the only rear module for the SW803 3G
For more visual technical information, download the SW803 3G block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 100mm x 266mm module...
- SW803 3G
- 3G/HD/SD 8 x 3 crosspoint routing switch
Next choose your frame size and power supplies - from 2U to desk top box...
- Indigo 2SE
- CoolFlow 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo DT
- Desk top box with passive front panel for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply
- Indigo DTSE
- Desk top box with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- 160 Watts power supply for Indigo 2SE frame. Requires either one PSU-160i (no redundancy) or two PSU-160i if power supply redundancy is required
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- 2 x RM50
- Two single slot frame rear modules used together. Allows six boards in 2U, three in 1U and one in desk top box. Gives access to eight 3Gb/s, HD or SD inputs, three 3Gb/s, HD or SD outputs and an HD tri-level syncs or SD Black and Burst analogue reference
Finally - control. Complimentary options include the integrated control panel if you've selected the 1AE-DP frame, the VisionWeb web browser control and our ASCII and JSON protocols. Alternatively order one of the items below...
- SW808 Controller
- Dedicated 1U remote control panel for one SW803 3G 8 x 3 routing switch
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
- Smart button box with four programmable LCD switches. It is powered by PoE (Power over Ethernet) and therefore needs to be connected to a PoE enabled switch
- Statesman Lite
- Free-of-charge PC Control System - download the latest version
- SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
Who's using it?
Users of Crystal Vision's routing switches include...
- What does it cost? Request a quote for SW803 3G...
- Want to hire instead? Request a hire quote...
- What controls has it got? Try out the VisionWeb demo for SW803 3G...
- Want more information? Get the SW803 3G user manual (and SNMP MIB) by signing up for the Registered Area now
- The SW803 3G module needs to be housed in a rack frame - look at the frame options
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Indigo frame system...
- Safe Switch 3G 3G/HD/SD 2 x 2 clean switch
- Safe Switch-L 3G 3G/HD/SD 2 x 2 clean switch (extra outputs)
From the Vision frame system...
- M-SAFESWITCH-2 IP/SDI dual channel 2 x 1 clean switch app
Not sure which switch is best for your application? Have a look at our Indigo and Vision routing switches comparison chart to help you make a decision...
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org