What is it?
HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control.
Reason to choose it...
You'll get up to eleven outputs. It's ideal for distributing any analogue source - whether HD or SD, video or reference. Plus you'll always know what's happening, with comprehensive signal reporting.
Distribution of analogue video or reference in HD and SD environments where you need to know the state of your signal. See who's using it.
Try out the VDA110R HD VisionWeb GUI (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate VDA110R HD from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the VDA110R HD. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- Single channel analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control
- Ideal for any analogue source: works with both HD and SD analogue signals
- Use it to distribute SD Black & Burst or HD Tri-level syncs analogue references, or SD or HD analogue video
- Provides multiple outputs of analogue source - maximum of eleven outputs or ten outputs with a loop-through
- Choice of differential and non-differential inputs
- Suitable for long cable runs: correct distortion to the analogue signal with high quality equalisation for up to 300m cable length (adjusted remotely)
- Gain adjustments of +/-3dB (adjusted remotely)
- Compensate for differences in ground voltage by removing hum already on the signal - with remote adjustment of clamp
- Comprehensive signal reporting, including input standard, sync amplitude and dark and white-clip video
- Easy to install, with SD or HD present indication
- Board edge video monitoring test point BNC allows waveform monitor to be plugged straight into board (facilitating signal monitoring during setting up of cable equalisation)
- Choice of output combinations: inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (either RM01, RM02, RM16 and RM18)
- Housed in Indigo rack frames
- Space-saving: 100mm x 266mm module allows 12 VDA110R HD in 2U (six in 1U and two in desk top box)
- Flexible control: board edge, GPI, frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, ASCII and JSON protocols, Statesman Lite PC software or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
- This product is available to either purchase or hire, with hire pricing typically 6% of list price per week (with one week minimum hire period and £200 minimum charge)
Distribute any analogue source
The VDA110R HD is a video distribution amplifier ideal for providing multiple outputs of any analogue source, with remote control.
Use it to distribute your reference signals - either SD Black and Burst or HD tri-level syncs. Alternatively use it to distribute SD analogue composite and HD or SD analogue component video. Should you need to distribute RGB, YUV and Y/C video, multiple distribution amplifiers will be required (one for each component).
Get up to eleven outputs
The VDA110R HD gives a maximum of eleven analogue outputs or ten outputs with a loop-through.
It can be used with four different frame rear modules to give the perfect output combination for every application. Decide how many outputs you need and how many boards you'd like to fit in a frame, and then select the rear module that meets those criteria.
The VDA110R HD can be used with the RM01 (five outputs), RM02 (eight outputs), RM16 (ten outputs with a loop-through) and RM18 (eleven outputs).
You won't lose your signals
You can use the VDA110R HD with either differential or non-differential inputs.
The passive loop-throughs are independent of the VDA110R HD, allowing you to remove the board without losing the looped-through source - and maybe your station syncs feed.
Maximise the quality of your signal
High quality equalisation will correct distortion to the analogue signal caused by up to 300m of cable length, making the board suitable for applications involving long cable runs.
It also features gain adjustments of +/-3dB.
The equalisation and gain can be adjusted both manually and remotely.
The inclusion of a clamp will compensate for differences in ground voltage by removing hum already on the signal. It can be set to suit the type of material being transported, with fast, slow or off settings available.
Easy to install
Installing the VDA110R HD is made easy with the inclusion of an SD or HD present indication, while a video monitoring test point BNC at the board edge means a waveform monitor can be plugged straight into the board, facilitating signal monitoring during the setting up of the cable equalisation.
Always know what's happening
Troubleshooting is easy, with GPI and LED indication of input failure and loss of power.
The VDA110R HD additionally includes comprehensive signal reporting including input standard, sync amplitude and dark and white-clip video input - available through board edge LEDs, GPIs and the various remote control options.
The VDA110R HD will tell you if your analogue syncs are not the correct amplitude, with an error reported if the sync level is greater than 110% of the expected value.
A dark video alarm will be triggered if the video signal's content remains below 15% luma for a specified time period of up to 600 seconds - useful for alerting you to the fact that something in the chain has lost its input.
You'll also get white-clip notification if the output luma levels exceed 110% of peak white.
Save rack space
The 100mm x 266mm module fits in Crystal Vision's standard Indigo rack frames alongside any other products, allowing 12 boards in 2U, six in 1U or two in a desk top box.
The remote control and monitoring options for the VDA110R HD include an integrated control panel on the AE frame, the VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, our ASCII and JSON protocols, the Statesman Lite PC software and the VisionWeb web browser control. Try the VDA110R HD VisionWeb demo...
The VDA110R HD is one of three analogue video distribution amplifiers from the Indigo range which allow the customer to get just the configuration and features they need.
Standard Crystal Vision module 266mm x 100mm
Power consumption: 4 Watts
ANALOGUE VIDEO INPUT
One SD or HD analogue input
SD composite video input, 1 volt with syncs. Composite PAL or NTSC. Component video up to 30MHz bandwidth
SD Black and Burst or HD Tri-level syncs reference
Loop-through available with RM16 frame rear module, or 75 ohm termination. Loop-through does not need VDA to be fitted - rear connector has all circuitry required
Differential input with RM02 and RM16 rear modules
ANALOGUE VIDEO OUTPUTS
Maximum of eleven outputs using the RM18 rear module (five outputs with RM01, eight with RM02 and ten with RM16)
Input Return Loss: >48dB to 10MHz
Output Return Loss: >48dB to 10MHz
Frequency Response: +/-0.05dB 0 to 6MHz, +/-0.2dB 6 to 10MHz, +/-1.5dB 10 to 30MHz
Differential Gain: <0.3% at 5MHz
Differential Phase: <0.6 degrees at 5MHz
Signal to Noise Ratio at 0 to 10MHz: <60dB
Cable equalisation: Belden 8281 manual or remote adjustment up to 300m
Gain adjustment: +/-3dB manual or remote adjustment
The output clamping can be set to suit the type of material being transported. These are fast clamp (six lines recovery time), slow clamp (60 lines recovery time) and off (AC-coupled)
DELAY THROUGH BOARD
LED INDICATION OF:
SD or HD present indication
Power supplies okay
625 line input
Clip detector output luma levels: >110% of peak white
Dark detect level: Output luma level <15% of peak white for an extended period (remote setting of time from 0-600 seconds)
Sync amplitude detect level: Sync level >110% PAL, >115% NTSC
GPI OUTPUT LEVELS
Electrically: Open collector transistors 30V, 270 ohm current limit resistors. Pulled up to +5V through 6800 ohm
Three GPI outputs: Input detect, dark video and white-clip video
Board edge control of cable equalisation 0-300m, gain +/-3dB and clamp
Video monitoring test point BNC allows waveform monitor to be plugged straight into the board
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows operation using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
Statesman Lite allows control from any PC on a network
SNMP monitoring and control is available as a frame option
Control using ASCII and JSON protocols
Control from integrated control panel on Indigo 1AE-DP frame
Control from VisionPanel 3U remote panel
What outputs do I get?
RM01 rear module label and connections
More about the RM01
Connectors: 6 BNCs
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 2U: 12
Boards in 1U: 6
Boards in desk top box: 2
Why use it: You're using non-differential inputs and you want five outputs
RM02 rear module label and connections
More about the RM02
Connectors: 27 BNCs (shared by 3 boards)
Frame slots used: 4
Boards in 2U: 9
Boards in 1U: N/A
Boards in desk top box: N/A
Why use it: You're using a differential input and want eight outputs. Ideal if you're using three or more VDA110R HD (or the other boards listed below), as the 27 BNCs are shared between three boards
RM16 rear module label and connections
More about the RM16
Connectors: 12 BNCs
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 2U: 6
Boards in 1U: 3
Boards in desk top box: 1
Why use it: You're using a differential input and want an input loop-through with your ten outputs
Also used for: VDA110M HD
RM18 rear module label and connections
More about the RM18
Connectors: 12 BNCs
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 2U: 6
Boards in 1U: 3
Boards in desk top box: 1
Why use it: You're using a non-differential input and you want the maximum number of outputs possible - eleven
For more visual technical information, download the VDA110R HD block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 100mm x 266mm module...
- VDA110R HD
- Single channel distribution amplifier for HD or SD analogue video with remote control and signal reporting
Next choose your frame size and power supplies - from 2U to desk top box...
- Indigo 2SE
- CoolFlow 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo DT
- Desk top box with passive front panel for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply
- Indigo DTSE
- Desk top box with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- 160 Watts power supply for 1U (non-DP) and 2U Indigo frames. 1U frames require one PSU-160i (no redundancy). 2U frames require either one PSU-160i (no redundancy) or two PSU-160i if power supply redundancy is required
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows maximum number of VDA110R HD in frame (12 in 2U, six in 1U, two in desk top box). Gives access to one non-differential HD or SD analogue input and five HD or SD analogue outputs
- Four slot frame rear module. One rear module used for three VDA110R HD, allowing nine VDA110R HD in 2U. Gives access to one differential HD or SD analogue input and eight HD or SD analogue outputs
- Two slot frame rear module. Allows six VDA110R HD in 2U, three in 1U and one in desk top box. Gives access to one differential HD or SD analogue input and ten HD or SD analogue outputs and an analogue loop-through (NB. rear module loop still available when board removed)
- Two slot frame rear module. Allows six VDA110R HD in 2U, three in 1U and one in desk top box. Gives access to one non-differential HD or SD analogue input and eleven HD or SD analogue outputs
Finally - control. Complimentary options include board edge switches, the integrated control panel if you've selected the 1AE-DP frame, the VisionWeb web browser control and our ASCII and JSON protocols. Alternatively order one of the items below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
- Statesman Lite
- Free-of-charge PC Control System - download the latest version
- SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
Who's using it?
Users of the VDA analogue video distribution amplifiers in the Indigo and Vision ranges include...
- What does it cost? Request a quote for VDA110R HD...
- Want to hire instead? Request a hire quote...
- What controls has it got? Try out the VisionWeb demo for VDA110R HD...
- Want more information? Get the VDA110R HD user manual (and SNMP MIB) by signing up for the Registered Area now
- The VDA110R HD module needs to be housed in a rack frame - look at the frame options
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Indigo frame system...
- 3GDA105R 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (5 outputs)
- 3GDA105C 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA (5 outputs)
- 3GDA111R 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (11 outputs)
- 3GDA111C 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA (11 outputs)
- 3GDA204R dual channel 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (2 outputs per channel)
- 3GDA210R dual channel 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (5 outputs per channel)
- VDA110M HD single channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with manual control
- VDA210M HD dual channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with manual control
From the Vision frame system...
- 3GDA-VF 3G/HD/SD video distribution amplifier with remote control (12 outputs)
- VDA-VF HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control (12 outputs)
Not sure which DA is best for your application? Have a look at our Indigo and Vision video distribution amplifiers comparison chart to help you make a decision...
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org