What is it?
Broadcast encoding converter and distribution amplifier.
Reason to choose it...
It combines its excellent 12 bit encoding performance with the conversion of SDI into very flexible combinations of analogue and SDI distribution – with up to four reclocked SDI and eight analogue outputs configurable as mixtures of composite, Y/C, YUV or RGB.
A wide variety of Standard Definition applications, thanks to all those outputs! You could use ALLDAC for distributing SDI signals, monitoring in RGB or composite on large displays, driving waveform monitors and vector scopes, high quality recording from an SDI source and analogue transmissions.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the ALLDAC. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
Coming to IBC?
If you're planning to visit the Crystal Vision stand at the IBC 2014 exhibition to talk to us about the ALLDAC or any of our other products, e-mail us now to request a coupon to collect a complimentary Maglite torch from Stand 2.B11!
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- 12 bit broadcast encoding converter and distribution amplifier
- Converts SDI into flexible combinations of analogue and SDI distribution
- Up to eight analogue outputs, configurable as mixtures of composite, Y/C, YUV or RGB
- Ideal for use as a DA, with up to four reclocked SDI outputs
- Excellent encoding performance
- Ideal for all monitoring applications and for broadcast applications where you do not need to time the output sub-carrier to an external reference and a TBC is not required
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (either RM01, RM02 or RM18)
- Housed in Indigo rack frames
- Space-saving: 100mm x 266mm module allows 12 ALLDAC in 2U (six in 1U and two in desk top box)
- Flexible control:board edge, GPI, frame integrated control panel, Ethernet remote control panel (REMIND-E), SNMP, Statesman Lite PC software or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
Convert SDI into combinations of analogue and digital
ALLDAC combines all the features you could possibly want for a digital to analogue converter in one affordable product.
Combining a 12 bit broadcast D to A converter and an analogue and SDI distribution amplifier, ALLDAC has been designed to convert SDI into combinations of analogue and digital and to do so in an extremely flexible way.
It's the variety of outputs that makes ALLDAC ideal for so many different uses! The wide range of applications could include distributing SDI signals, monitoring in RGB or composite on plasmas or large displays, driving waveform monitors and vector scopes, high quality recording from an SDI source or analogue transmissions.
Choose your outputs
The analogue outputs can be configured as a mixture of composite, Y/C, YUV and RGB by board edge or remote control, while the number of reclocked SDI outputs is selected by adjusting on-board links.
ALLDAC can be used with three different frame rear modules - the RM01, RM02 and RM18 - providing up to eight analogue and four reclocked SDI outputs and allowing you to choose exactly what you need for your application.
With ALLDAC what you get is entirely up to you, with eleven possible different output combinations available when using the RM18.
|SDI||Composite x 4|
|SDI x 2||Composite x 3|
|SDI x 3||Composite x 2|
|SDI||Composite x 2||Y/C|
|SDI x 2||Composite||Y/C|
|SDI x 3||Y/C|
|SDI x 2||Composite x 6|
|SDI x 3||Composite x 5|
|SDI x 4||Composite x 4|
|SDI x 2||Composite x 4||Y/C|
|SDI x 2||Composite x 2||Y/C x 2|
|SDI x 3||Composite||Y/C x 2|
|SDI x 4||Y/C x 2|
|SDI x 2||Composite x 2||YUV|
|SDI x 2||Composite x 2||RGB|
|SDI x 2||Composite x 8|
|SDI x 3||Composite x 7|
|SDI x 4||Composite x 6|
|SDI x 4||Composite x 4||Y/C|
|SDI x 2||Composite x 4||Y/C x 2|
|SDI x 3||Composite x 3||Y/C x 2|
|SDI x 4||Composite x 2||Y/C x 2|
|SDI x 4||Composite x 2||YUV|
|SDI x 4||Composite x 2||RGB|
|SDI x 2||Composite x 2||YUV x 2|
|SDI x 2||Composite x 2||RGB x 2|
ALLDAC has high quality 12 bit D to As with four times oversampling, and offers Crystal Vision's best encoding performance yet, with enhanced analogue accuracy and frequency response.
Data in the vertical blanking interval is always passed to the analogue composite output, while setup on the Y output can be selected in 525 line applications, allowing ALLDAC to output the US (NTSC-M) and Japanese (NTSC-J) standards.
The ability to select NTSC Betacam chrominance levels for YUV outputs - giving 700mV for 75% colour bars instead of the standard 700mV for 100% bars - increases the range of systems with which it can be used.
Save rack space
Housed in the standard frames, the 100mm x 266mm module can be easily integrated with any other product from the Crystal Vision range, and saves you space by allowing 12 boards in 2U, six in 1U or two in a desk top box.
Control is as flexible as ALLDAC itself - with options including an intuitive board edge interface, an integrated control panel on the AE frames, a remote control panel, SNMP, the Statesman Lite PC software or the VisionWeb web browser control.
Standard Crystal Vision module 266mm x 100mm
Power consumption: 5 Watts
One SDI input
270Mb/s to EBU 3267-E and SMPTE 259
Cable equalisation >200m Belden 8281 or equivalent
Auto or manual 625/525 line selection
Outputs can be configured as a mixture of composite, Y/C, YUV, RGB and reclocked SDI distribution. The final number of outputs is dependent on the frame rear module fitted:
RM01: 1 SDI, 2 analogue, 2 selectable (SDI or analogue)
RM02: 2 SDI, 4 analogue, 2 selectable (SDI or analogue)
RM18: 2 SDI, 6 analogue, 2 selectable (SDI or analogue)
Board edge push button switch selects composite / Y/C / YUV / RGB. The number of SDI outputs is selected by on board links
ALLDAC is a plug in replacement for both DDAA132 and ENDAC on all rear modules, with signals on the same connector for composite, YUV and RGB. For Y/C outputs it is necessary to select M1 link position for compatibility with DDAA132 and M2 for compatibility with ENDAC
Switchable Betacam levels on YUV output
270Mb/s to EBU 3267-E and SMPTE 259
12 bit precision
Frequency response: +/-0.5dB 0 to 5.5 MHz
Differential phase: <1.5 degrees
Differential gain: <1.5%
Signal to Noise: <-60dB
DELAY THROUGH BOARD
GPI OUTPUT LEVELS
Active: connect to ground, 220 ohm current limit resistors. Pulled up to +5V through 10 kohm?????????????
LED INDICATION OF:
Power supplies on board
Betacam levels selected
Board edge push button switch selects composite / Y/C / YUV / RGB on configurable outputs. On board links configure number of SDI outputs. Separate switch selects Betacam levels (YUV only)
19200 baud, 8 bits, 1 stop no parity
Control from integrated control panel on AE frames and remote panel
Statesman Lite allows control from any PC on a network
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows operation using a standard web browser on a PC or tablet
SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
What outputs do I get?
RM01 rear module label and connections
More about the RM01
Connectors: 6 BNCs
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 2U: 12
Boards in 1U: 6
Boards in desk top box: 2
Why use it: You just want to use one frame slot and you only need four outputs - two analogue and two that are selectable between SDI and analogue.
RM02 rear module label and connections
More about the RM02
Connectors: 27 BNCs (shared by 3 boards)
Frame slots used: 4
Boards in 2U: 9
Boards in 1U: N/A
Boards in desk top box: N/A
Why use it: You are using three or more ALLDAC (or the other boards listed below) and you want six outputs - four analogue and two that are selectable between SDI and analogue
RM18 rear module label and connections
More about the RM18
Connectors: 12 BNCs
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 2U: 6
Boards in 1U: 3
Boards in desk top box: 1
Why use it: You want the maximum eight outputs - six analogue and two that are selectable between SDI and analogue
What do I order?
First you need the 100mm x 266mm module...
- 12 bit broadcast encoding converter and distribution amplifier
Next choose your frame size and power supplies - from 2U to desk top box...
- Indigo 2AE
- 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 2SE
- CoolFlow 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE
- 1U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE
- 1U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo DT
- Desk top box with passive front panel for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply
- Indigo DTSE
- Desk top box with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- 160 Watts power supply for 1U (non-DP) and 2U frames. 1U frames require one PSU-160i (no redundancy). 2U frames require either one PSU-160i (no redundancy) or two PSU-160i if power supply redundancy is required
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows maximum number of ALLDAC in frame (12 in 2U, six in 1U, two in desk top box). Gives access to one SDI output, two analogue outputs and two outputs selectable between SDI and analogue
- Four slot frame rear module. One rear module used for three ALLDAC, allowing nine ALLDAC in 2U. Gives access to two SDI outputs, four analogue outputs and two outputs selectable between SDI and analogue
- Two slot frame rear module. Allows six ALLDAC in 2U, three in 1U and one in desk top box. Gives access to two SDI outputs, six analogue outputs and two outputs selectable between SDI and analogue
Finally - control. Use board edge switches, the integrated control panel if you've selected one of the 'AE' frames, a web browser running the free VisionWeb Control (included within the frame software), or alternatively order one of the items below...
- 19" Ethernet remote control panel (control an unlimited number of Crystal Vision frames over an Ethernet network)
- Statesman Lite
- Free-of-charge PC Control System - download the latest version
- SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
Who's using it?
Users of Crystal Vision D to A encoders include...
- Advanced System Integrated Co., Ltd. (Taiwan)
- A.F.M. Medientechnik (Germany)
- Al Jazeera (Qatar)
- ATG Broadcast (UK)
- AVC (UK)
- Bayerischer Rundfunk (Germany)
- BBC (UK)
- BBC Studios and Post Production (UK)
- BCI (Singapore)
- Bright Space Technologies (UK)
- BSkyB (UK)
- Capital Studios (UK)
- Channel 4 (UK)
- Channel 9 (Greece)
- Channel TV (Jersey)
- Chelsea Football Club (UK)
- Chicopee Telecom (USA)
- Closed Caption Latina (Colombia)
- Czech TV (Czech Republic)
- dB Broadcast (UK)
- Dega Broadcast Systems (UK)
- Doordarshan Kendra (India)
- EastEnders (UK)
- Elektronika (Czech Republic)
- EPIC (UK)
- E to E (UK)
- FIFA Studios (Switzerland)
- FOR-A Italy (Italy)
- GigaSat (UK)
- HB Communications (USA)
- HD Vietnam (Vietnam)
- Ideal Shopping Direct (UK)
- INC Technologies (Kuwait)
- Internet Videocommunications (UK)
- Megahertz Broadcast Systems (UK)
- Millbank Studios (UK)
- Mitcorp (UK)
- Molinare (UK)
- Nova TV (Bulgaria)
- ORF (Austria)
- Playbox Technology (UK)
- RAI (Italy)
- Roll to Record (UK)
- Royal Opera House (UK)
- RTI (UK)
- RUV (Iceland)
- Sat-Comm (UK)
- SBS (Denmark)
- Siemens (UK)
- Smart TV (UK)
- Soc Trang TV (Vietnam)
- Stefi Productions (Greece)
- Studios A/S (Denmark)
- STV (UK)
- TCS Telecom e Serv. Srl (Italy)
- TeleStudio Modena (Italy)
- The ADI Group (UK)
- The London Studios (UK)
- The Reality TV Channel (Greece)
- TJK (Turkey)
- TRT (Turkey)
- TTI (UK)
- TVA (Germany)
- TVT – Television Versioning & Translation Ltd. (UK)
- UBS Bank (UK)
- unbitte entertainment (Germany)
- United Broadcast & Media Solutions LLC (UAE)
- Universal Media Services (USA)
- United Studios (Israel)
- UTCC (Thailand)
- Videocation (Germany)
- Vinh Puhc TV (Vietnam)
- Vizrt (Austria)
- VTC (Vietnam)
- Westminster Live (UK)
- William Hill (UK)
- WMBB-TV (USA)
- WMGT-TV (USA)
- WTS Broadcast (UK)
- Yugra TV (Russia)
- Zvezda TV (Russia)
- What does it cost? Request a quote for ALLDAC...
- The ALLDAC module needs to be housed in a rack frame - look at the frame options
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
- Configure a system using our System Builder online product selector
- Tell us what you want to achieve with your system - our product experts will work out the best way to do it!
- MON210 dual channel monitoring encoder
- ADDEC-310 decoding converter
- ADDEC-210 decoding converter
- EMDEC-200 embedding decoder
Or for a down converter that gives you a flexible mixture of analogue and digital outputs...
- Q-Down-AG 3G 3G/HD/SD short-delay broadcast down converter (audio)
- Q-Down-ATG 3G 3G/HD/SD short-delay broadcast down converter (audio/timecode/closed captions)
- Q-Down123 HD/SD short-delay broadcast down converter
- Q-Down183 HD/SD short-delay broadcast down converter with eight loop-throughs
- Q-Down Mini HD/SD minibox short-delay broadcast down converter
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: email@example.com