What is it?
IP to IP translator app for SMPTE ST 2022.
Reason to choose it...
It's unique! Designed for making adjustments to IP flows, the flexible IP-IP-2022 is the product to help you solve those IP challenges. Plus it's future-proof – when this functionality is no longer required you can simply install a different low-cost app on your MARBLE-V1 hardware.
Any applications where you need to make changes to network settings – such as network address translation, unicast to multicast address translation and the creation of media firewalls, as well as ST 2022-6 to ST 2022-7 protocol conversion.
Try out the IP-IP-2022 VisionWeb demo (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate the IP-IP-2022 app from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the IP-IP-2022. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- IP to IP translator
- Software app that runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor
- De-encapsulates and re-encapsulates video (up to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s) between up to four bi-directional 10GbE IP network interfaces
- Supports SMPTE ST 2022-6 and ST 2022-7 protocols
- Ideal for applications such as network address translation, unicast to multicast address translation, ST 2022-6 to ST 2022-7 protocol translation and for setting firewall restrictions
- Supports SMPTE ST 2022-7 redundant streaming
- Tolerant of any input packet distribution, and includes output traffic shaping
- Supports 31 SDI video standards
- Full range of VLAN support
- Input flow sources synchronised to common reference timing source prior to IP encapsulation for clean switching of input flows to output flows
- Choice of multiple timing sources with fail-over: PTP and two analogue Black and Burst or tri-level syncs references via Vision frame
- Know your signal is present and valid, thanks to signal monitoring and fault detection
- IP flow monitoring including packet loss, duplicated packets and packet delay variation
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (VR05)
- Housed in Vision rack frames
- Space-saving: MARBLE-V1 media processor is a ‘double slot’ 96mm x 325mm card, with up to ten MARBLE-V1 fitting in 3U
- Flexible control and monitoring: frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SBB-4 smart button box, SNMP, ASCII and JSON protocols or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
The way to solve IP problems
Broadcasters are discovering they have all
sorts of new issues to solve using IP – and the IP-IP-2022
could be the ideal product to solve them.
With the ability to make changes to network settings, the IP-IP-2022 de-encapsulates and re-encapsulates video (up to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s) between up to four bi-directional uncompressed 10GbE IP network interfaces, with flexible assignment of the flows to the networks.
There is a choice of fibre modules for the fibre SFP+ 10GbE IP network interfaces: either 850nm multi-mode for up to 300m or 1310nm single-mode for up to 10km.
Supporting the SMPTE ST 2022-6 and ST 2022-7 protocols and 31 SDI video standards,the IP-IP-2022 includes full VLAN support with no restrictions. Whatever the packet distribution on the input, traffic shaping on the output will ensure that any downstream devices will accept the flow.
What can you use it for?
The IP-IP-2022 has the flexibility to be useful in many applications.
It can be used for network address translation – ideal for connecting systems with conflicting IP addresses.
It can be used to translate unicast addresses to multicast addresses – useful for those who want to distribute IP encapsulated video flows.
It can be used for SMPTE ST 2022-6 to ST 2022-7 protocol translation.
It can be used as a media firewall providing security isolation – ensuring that only the media payload is transferred between two VLANs.
It's a software app
The future-proof IP-IP-2022 is a software app that runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor – purpose-built video over IP hardware that fits in the Vision frames. Apps that are bought with the hardware can be replaced with different low-cost apps as needs change, helping you make the most of your budget. No other IP products make it quite so easy for your systems to grow and mature with the transition.
More about MARBLE-V1
Featuring a powerful CPU/GPU processor, the MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware has six bi-directional SDI connections, four 10GbE SFP+ network interface ports and eight bi-directional discrete AES stereo channels. The software app installed determines the functionality. App licences are tied to the MARBLE hardware and are for the life of the app until the owner releases or transfers a licence.
Clean switching between flows
There are six routers which allow clean switching of the network input flows to the network output flows. Any of the input flows can be routed to any output flow.
Choice of timing sources
Input flow sources are synchronised to a common reference timing source prior to IP encapsulation for clean switching of input flows to output flows. The IP-IP-2022 supports Precision Time Protocol (PTP) in addition to the Vision frame's two analogue references as a timing source, with user configurable options for timing source priority and redundancy. The chosen reference is the global reference source for all input flows and output flows.
There are five options for the reference selection, selectable via VisionWeb. (See the Specification for full details.) Should the timing source at the top of the list become missing or invalid, the card will move down the list until it finds a valid timing reference source.
The output timing can be fully adjusted with respect to the chosen reference using three time-based controls (0 - 42ms adjustable in 0.1ms steps, 0 - 100us adjustable in 1us steps and 0 - 1us adjustable in 5ns steps), with the selected timing alignment global to all output flows.
An additional ten frames of video delay (adjustable in one frame steps) allows compensation for any big system delays and can be configured individually for each output flow.
Flag up faulty signals
The IP-IP-2022 includes signal status monitoring for peace of mind. The status indications available are video present, video format, video black, video frozen, Reference 1 and 2 present, Reference 1 and 2 format, Reference 1 and 2 incompatible format, PTP master and backup clock present and audio groups present, with the IP-IP-2022 able to provide warnings of any problems via SNMP traps.
The video black and video frozen parameters can be delayed by 2-60 seconds before an alarm is asserted to prevent false alarming during brief video pauses.
The IP flow monitoring on the input flows includes packet loss, duplicated packets and packet delay variation.
All control is done remotely. The remote control and monitoring options for the IP-IP-2022 app running on the MARBLE-V1 media processor include an integrated control panel on the Vision 3 frame, the VisionPanel remote control panel, the SBB-4 smart button box, SNMP and the VisionWeb web browser control. Try the IP-IP-2022 VisionWeb demo...
Save rack space
Fitting in the standard Vision frames (currently available in 3U size), MARBLE-V1 is a space-saving 96mm x 325mm card that sits in one frame slot – allowing up to ten media processors in 3U. The double slot VR05 frame rear module is used to access the inputs and outputs on the IP-IP-2022 app.
IP-IP-2022 app running on MARBLE-V1 media processor...
‘Double slot’ Vision card 96mm x 303mm (96mm x 325mm including finger pull)
Power consumption: 25 Watts
Video is de-encapsulated from 10GbE IP networks
Four fibre SFP+ 10GbE IP network interfaces. Choice of fibre modules: either 850nm multi-mode (for up to 300m) or 1310nm single-mode (for up to 10km)
Three 3Gb/s or six HD or SD video
De-encapsulated inputs can be different standards but must be same frame rate
The video formats supported are 625i, 525i, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 2048x1080p23.98*, 2048x1080p24*, 2048x1080p25*, 2048x1080p29.97*, 2048x1080p30*, 2048x1080PsF23.98*, 2048x1080PsF24*, 2048x1080PsF25*, 2048x1080PsF29.97*, 2048x1080PsF30* (*= YUV 4:2:2 10 bit)
If the input is 3Gb/s then flows 1, 3 and 5 should be used and flows 2, 4 and 6 should be disabled
Packet distribution is not important as variable input buffer will compensate for any timing irregularities
Protocols supported on network interfaces: SMPTE 2022-6, SMPTE 2022-7, IGMPv3, ARP, ICMP ping, IPv4, IEEE802.1q, VLAN, IEEE802.3-2012 (10G Ethernet). Further SMPTE 2022 protocols will follow via a software upgrade
Any network can be routed to any input flow
The 10GbE IP network interfaces can be used as the protected input for SMPTE ST 2022-7 seamless protection switching, which protects the stream from lost packets by creating two streams of the same data using different routing to the destination. Flow analyser handles the analysis and reconstruction of the protected stream
Alternatively IP inputs can be distributed on the physical 10GbE connections. Any input can be multicast or unicast
Video is encapsulated to IP to allow for signal transportation over 10GbE IP networks
Four fibre SFP+ 10GbE IP network interfaces. Choice of fibre modules: either 850nm multi-mode (for up to 300m) or 1310nm single-mode (for up to 10km)
Protocols supported on network interfaces: SMPTE ST 2022-6, SMPTE ST 2022-7, IGMPv3, ARP, ICMP ping, IPv4, IEEE802.1q, VLAN, IEEE802.3-2012 (10G Ethernet). Further SMPTE ST 2022 protocols will follow via a software upgrade
Any output flow can be routed to any network
The 10GbE IP network interfaces can be used as the protected output for SMPTE ST 2022-7 seamless protection switching, which protects the stream from lost packets by creating two streams of the same data using different routing to the destination. SMPTE ST 2022-7 flow protection facilitates the dual stream output Alternatively it is possible to have a unicast on some network interfaces and a multicast on others
Any output flow can be routed to any outgoing net or protected network
The video loss controls allow the user to select what will happen to an output flow in the event that the input is lost. The user can specify to freeze the last good frame or show a black or blue screen or 100% colour bars (with or without an initial delay of three seconds). No output can also be selected. This is independently adjustable on each output flow
The test pattern controls allow the user to override an input and force the output flow to output colour bars, blue or black or freeze the picture – useful during installation when input signals may not yet be applied. This is independently adjustable on each output flow
Traffic shaping is employed for compliance of output data rates
There are six routers which allow clean switching of the network input flows to the network output flows
Any of the input flows can be routed to any output flow. The default setting is Input Flow 1 to Output Flow 1, Input Flow 2 to Output Flow 2, Input Flow 3 to Output Flow 3, Input Flow 4 to Output Flow 4, Input Flow 5 to Output Flow 5 and Input Flow 6 to Output Flow 6
Video sources are synchronised to common reference timing source prior to output switches for clean switching of input flows to output flows
Choice of timing options:
- PTP (SMPTE 2059-2) master and backup, via 10GbE IP network interface
- Two tri-level syncs or analogue Black and Burst references (Reference 1 and Reference 2), connected via the Vision 3 frame
Chosen reference is the global reference source for all input flows and output flows
There are five options for the reference selection, selectable via VisionWeb. The hierarchy runs from left to right – should the timing source at the top of the list become missing or invalid, the card will move down the list until it finds a valid timing reference source:
(“PTP” means PTP Master>PTP Backup)
When Auto relock enable is selected, the card will automatically relock when a lost reference is restored. Selecting Force lock (with Auto relock disabled) will force the synchroniser to relock after a reference is restored, and can be activated at a non-critical time to avoid video disturbance
PTP health is monitored and can be used to raise SNMP alarm
The PTP statistics reported include network delay, delay variation, reference offset and sync period
Output timing can be fully adjusted with respect to the reference using three time-based controls: 0 - 42ms adjustable in 0.1ms steps, 0 - 100us adjustable in 1us steps and 0 - 1us adjustable in 5ns steps. Sub frame timing alignment to chosen reference is global to all output flows
An additional ten frames of video delay (adjustable in one frame steps) allows compensation for any big system delays. This delay can be configured individually for each output flow
All ancillary data is passed from input to output
LED INDICATION OF:
Checks can be performed on the following video and audio parameters, with warnings of any problems provided via SNMP traps:
- Video present
- Video format
- Video black
- Video frozen
- Reference 1 and 2 present
- Reference 1 and 2 format
- Reference 1 and 2 incompatible format
- PTP master and backup clock present
- Audio group 1 present
- Audio group 2 present
- Audio group 3 present
- Audio group 4 present
The video black and video frozen parameters can be delayed by 2-60 seconds before an alarm is asserted to prevent false alarming during brief video pauses
The following IP parameters are monitored for input flows:
- Packet loss
- Duplicated packets
- Packet delay variation. Shown as the skew (difference in time of packet arrival) between the main and protected input, and also as the min and max nano second gap between the packets on each input
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows control and monitoring using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
SNMP monitoring and control available as standard
Control using ASCII and JSON protocols
Control from integrated control panel on Vision 3 frame
Control from VisionPanel 3U remote panel
SBB-4 smart button box connects to the frame via Ethernet and provides four programmable LCD switches (which are configured for each order). The SBB-4 uses information from VisionWeb for settings. Uses Power over Ethernet so must be used with PoE enabled switch
Licences for an app are tied to the installed MARBLE hardware
A licence is for the life of the product until the owner releases or transfers a licence
New licences will be provided with new apps purchased for existing MARBLE hardware
What outputs do I get?
VR05 rear module label and connections
More about the VR05
Connectors: 4 dual LC fibre
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 3U: 10
Why use it: It's the only rear module for the IP-IP-2022
Also used for: IP-IP-2110
For more visual technical information, download the IP-IP-2022 block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the software app...
- IP to IP translator which supports SMPTE ST 2022. Ideal for applications such as network address, unicast to multicast and ST 2022-6 to ST 2022-7 protocol translation. Features up to four network interfaces each carrying up to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s streams. Software app which runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor
Now choose your media processor hardware and SFP+ modules...
Next select your frame...
- Vision 3
- 3U frame with integrated control panel and smart CPU for up to 20 Crystal Vision cards from the Vision range. Includes two PSU3-VF power supplies for redundancy. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Two slot frame rear module. Allows ten IP-IP-2022 in 3U. Gives access to up to four bi-directional 10GbE IP network interfaces which can be configured as inputs or outputs as required
Next - control. Use the frame's integrated control panel, the VisionWeb web browser control or SNMP (both included in the frame for free), or alternatively order one of the items below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
- Smart button box with four programmable LCD switches. It is powered by PoE (Power over Ethernet) and therefore needs to be connected to a PoE enabled switch
Finally - extended support if required...
- App support
- Purchase with IP-IP-2022 app to get software upgrades for changes in standards, new features and bug fixes – costs 10% of app list price per year (with support for the first year included for free)
- What does it cost? Request a quote for the IP-IP-2022...
- The IP-IP-2022 app runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware which needs to be housed in a Vision 3 rack frame - find out more about the frame...
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Vision frame system...
- MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware which runs Crystal Vision's software apps
- SDI6-IP-2022 3G/HD/SD SDI to IP gateway app for SMPTE ST 2022
- IP-SDI6-2022 IP to 3G/HD/SD SDI gateway app for SMPTE ST 2022
- SDI6-IP-2110 3G/HD/SD SDI to IP gateway app for SMPTE ST 2110
- IP-SDI6-2110 IP to 3G/HD/SD SDI gateway app for SMPTE ST 2110
- IP-IP-2110 IP to IP translator app for SMPTE ST 2110 and SMPTE ST 2022
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org