What is it?
IP to 3G/HD/SD SDI gateway app for SMPTE ST 2022 and ST 2110 video.
Reason to choose it...
It really is a feature-packed IP gateway. You'll get six channels, full VLAN support, tolerance to any input packet distribution, clean switching, sophisticated synchronising with a choice of timing sources including PTP, ten frames of video delay, unicast and multicast transmission support and both SDI and IP status monitoring. Plus it's future-proof – when this functionality is no longer required you can simply install a different app on your MARBLE-V1 hardware.
De-encapsulating SDI video feeds from uncompressed SMPTE ST 2022 and ST 2110 10GbE IP networks.
Try out the M-GWIPSDI-6 VisionWeb demo (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate the M-GWIPSDI-6 app from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the M-GWIPSDI-6. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- IP to 3G/HD/SD SDI gateway - now shipping
- Software app that runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor
- De-encapsulates SDI from 10GbE IP networks
- Supports SMPTE ST 2022-6 and ST 2022-7 protocols and video within ST 2110 (supporting ST 2110-10, -20 and -21 standards)
- Converts to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s SDI output connections, with flexible assignment of the converted flows from either of the two input 10GbE IP network interfaces
- Second 10GbE network interface can be configured for ST 2022-7 redundant input streaming or ST 2110 protect
- Tolerant of any input packet distribution
- Supports 31 SDI video standards
- Full range of VLAN support
- Unicast and multicast transmission support
- Instant clean switching between input flows, whatever their timing
- Choice of multiple timing sources with fail-over: PTP and two analogue Black and Burst or tri-level syncs references via Vision frame
- Know your signal is present and valid, thanks to signal monitoring and fault detection
- IP flow monitoring including packet loss, duplicated packets and packet delay variation
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (VR06)
- Housed in Vision rack frames
- Space-saving: MARBLE-V1 media processor is a ‘double slot’ 96mm x 325mm card, with up to ten MARBLE-V1 fitting in 3U
- Flexible control and monitoring: frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SBB-4 smart button box, SNMP, ASCII and JSON protocols or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
Robust IP to SDI conversion
The M-GWIPSDI-6 IP gateway de-encapsulates SDI from uncompressed 10GbE IP networks and is the best choice for integrating IP into an SDI environment. It's ideal for any ST 2022 system and for ST 2110 studio environments when the video and audio are processed separately. It comes with an extensive list of features which bring multiple benefits to the broadcaster and which make it easy to get and keep IP systems working.
Supporting the SMPTE ST 2022-6 and 2022-7 protocols, as well as video within ST 2110, the M-GWIPSDI-6 converts to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s SDI output connections, with flexible assignment of the converted flows from either of the two input 10GbE IP network interfaces.
Alternatively the second 10GbE network interface can be configured for SMPTE ST 2022-7 redundant input streaming or the protect equivalent for ST 2110.
Being six channel means it saves rack space while making each channel cost-effective, and also allows the user to switch between different inputs and send to multiple outputs. This flexible internal routing removes the need for additional distribution amplifiers and routing switches. Video glitches on input source switching are avoided thanks to the clean instant switching.
IP inputs are individually selectable between ST 2022 and ST 2110, allowing you to input both ST 2022 and ST 2110 at the same time if required.
When used with ST 2022, all video, audio and ancillary data is transferred from the IP input to the SDI output. When used with ST 2110, the video from the IP input is taken to the SDI output which will be output without embedded audio. ST 2110-30 audio packets are not processed within this app.
There is a choice of fibre modules for the fibre SFP+ 10GbE IP network interfaces: either 850nm multi-mode for up to 300m or 1310nm single-mode for up to 10km.
The M-GWIPSDI-6 is tolerant of any input packet distribution, with the variable input buffer compensating for any timing irregularities. Any traffic shaping option from ST 2110-21 can be used, or packets can come from a device which does not meet the shaping requirement of ST 2110-21.
Other features include full VLAN support with no restrictions and unicast and multicast transmission support.
It's a software app
The future-proof M-GWIPSDI-6 is a software app that runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor – purpose-built GPU/CPU hardware that fits in the Vision frames. As a system becomes all IP, less gateways are required - and apps that are bought with the hardware can be replaced with different apps as needs change, helping you make the most of your budget.
More about MARBLE-V1
Featuring a powerful CPU/GPU processor, the MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware has six bi-directional SDI connections, four 10GbE SFP+ network interface ports and eight bi-directional discrete AES stereo channels. The software app installed determines the functionality. App licences are tied to the MARBLE hardware and are for the life of the app until the owner releases or transfers a licence.
Instant clean switching between flows
There are six clean switches and any of the input flows can be routed to any SDI output. Any network can be routed to any input flow.
Choice of timing sources
SDI sources are synchronised to a common reference timing source for clean switching of input flows to the SDI outputs. The framestore synchroniser makes all the timing identical and so allows for each output to cleanly switch between any of the inputs, and enables the app to give a continuous clean output when the selected input is disrupted.
The M-GWIPSDI-6 supports PTP in addition to the Vision frame's two analogue references as a timing source, with user configurable options for timing source priority and redundancy. The chosen reference is the global reference source for all input flows and SDI outputs.
Reference redundancy offers peace of mind in case the main reference source is disrupted or needs to be taken down for maintenance, while cross-locking allows for mixed reference type and format installations if required.
There are five options for the reference selection, selectable via VisionWeb. (See the Specification for full details.) Should the timing source at the top of the list become missing or invalid, the card will move down the list until it finds a valid timing reference source.
The output timing can be fully adjusted with respect to the chosen reference using three time-based controls (0 - 42ms adjustable in 0.1ms steps, 0 - 100us adjustable in 1us steps and 0 - 1us adjustable in 5ns steps), with the selected timing alignment global to all output flows.
An additional ten frames of video delay (adjustable in one frame steps) allows compensation for any big system delays and can be configured individually for each SDI output.
Monitoring your signals
Features are provided to speed up system trouble shooting, particularly helpful with IP being more challenging to debug than SDI. Comprehensive SDI, IP and PTP monitoring information is available and can be used to generate SNMP traps.
The M-GWIPSDI-6 includes signal status monitoring for peace of mind and can provide warnings of any problems. The status indications available are video present and time present, video format, video black, video frozen, Reference 1 and 2 present and time present, Reference 1 and 2 format, Reference 1 and 2 incompatible format, PTP master and backup clock present and time present and audio groups present. The video black and video frozen alert can be delayed by 2-120 seconds to prevent false alarming during brief video pauses.
PTP presence and statistics (network delay, delay variation, reference offset and sync period) are monitored.
The IP flow monitoring on the input flows includes packet loss, duplicated packets, packet delay variation, Ethernet interface ignored packets and Ethernet interface ignored multicast.
14 built-in test patterns can also help with fault finding.
All control is done remotely. The remote control and monitoring options for the M-GWIPSDI-6 app running on the MARBLE-V1 media processor include an integrated control panel on the Vision 3 frame, the VisionPanel remote control panel, the SBB-4 smart button box, SNMP and the VisionWeb web browser control. Try the M-GWIPSDI-6 VisionWeb demo...
Save rack space
Fitting in the standard Vision frames (currently available in 3U size), MARBLE-V1 is a space-saving 96mm x 325mm card that sits in one frame slot – allowing up to ten media processors in 3U. The double slot VR06 frame rear module is used to access the inputs and outputs on the M-GWIPSDI-6 app.
M-GWIPSDI-6 app running on MARBLE-V1 media processor...
‘Double slot’ Vision card 96mm x 303mm (96mm x 325mm including finger pull)
Power consumption: 25 Watts
Two fibre SFP+ 10GbE IP network interfaces. Choice of fibre modules: either 850nm multi-mode (for up to 300m) or 1310nm single-mode (for up to 10km)Video inputs can be different standards but their frame rate should match the reference. If the video input frame rate is different from the reference, the flow will pass but the frame reference point will be undefined. The output delay will vary by up to a frame every time the unit is re-powered or the reference is reset
If the input is 3Gb/s then flows 1, 3 and 5 should be used and flows 2, 4 and 6 should be disabled
Packet distribution is not important as variable input buffer will compensate for any timing irregularities. Any traffic shaping option from ST 2110-21 can be used, or packets can come from a device which does not meet the shaping requirement of ST 2110-21
Protocols supported on network interfaces: SMPTE ST 2022-6, SMPTE ST 2022-7, SMPTE ST 2110-20 (uncompressed video), SMPTE ST 2110-10 (system architecture and synchronisation), SMPTE ST-2110-21 (traffic shaping), IGMPv3, ARP, ICMP ping, IPv4, IEEE802.1q, VLAN, IEEE802.3-2012 (10G Ethernet)
Second 10GbE IP network interface can be used as the protected input for SMPTE ST 2022-7 or ST 2110 seamless protection switching, which protects the stream from lost packets by creating two streams of the same data using different routing to the destinationAlternatively IP inputs can be distributed on the two physical 10GbE connections. Any input can be multicast or unicast
Three 3Gb/s SDI outputs or six HD or SD SDI outputs270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s or 3Gb/s serial compliant to SMPTE 259, SMPTE 292-1 and SMPTE 424/425-A
The video formats supported are 625i, 525i, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 2048x1080p23.98*, 2048x1080p24*, 2048x1080p25*, 2048x1080p29.97*, 2048x1080p30*, 2048x1080PsF23.98*, 2048x1080PsF24*, 2048x1080PsF25*, 2048x1080PsF29.97*, 2048x1080PsF30* (*= YUV 4:2:2 10 bit)
The video loss controls allow the user to select what will happen to an SDI output in the event that the input flow is lost. The user can specify to freeze the last good frame or show a black or blue screen or 100% colour bars (with or without an initial delay of three seconds). No output can also be selected. This is independently adjustable on each SDI output
The test pattern controls allow the user to override an input and force the SDI output to output a test pattern including Colour Bars, Blue, Black, EqCheck, PllCheck, Pluge, Checkfield, Grey Horizontal Steps, Grey Vertical Steps, Luma Horizontal Ramp, Luma Vertical Ramp, Cycle Colour, Checker Board or Pass Through, or to freeze the picture. This is independently adjustable on each SDI output
SDI is de-encapsulated from 10GbE IP networks
Any network can be routed to any input flow
Flow analyser handles the analysis and reconstruction of the protected stream
There are six clean switches
Any of the input flows can be switched to any SDI output. The default setting is Flow 1 to SDI 1, Flow 2 to SDI 2, Flow 3 to SDI 3, Flow 4 to SDI 4, Flow 5 to SDI 5 and Flow 6 to SDI 6
SDI sources are synchronised to common reference timing source for clean switching of input flows to the SDI outputs
Choice of timing options:
- PTP (SMPTE 2059-2) master and backup, via 10GbE IP network interface
- Two tri-level syncs or analogue Black and Burst references (Reference 1 and Reference 2), connected via the Vision 3 frame
Chosen reference is the global reference source for all input flows and SDI outputs
There are five options for the reference selection, selectable via VisionWeb. The hierarchy runs from left to right – should the timing source at the top of the list become missing or invalid, the card will move down the list until it finds a valid timing reference source:
("PTP” means PTP Master>PTP Backup)
When Auto relock enable is selected, the card will automatically relock when a lost reference is restored. Selecting Force lock (with Auto relock disabled) will force the synchroniser to relock after a reference is restored, and can be activated at a non-critical time to avoid video disturbance
PTP presence and statistics are monitored and can be used to generate SNMP traps. The PTP statistics reported include network delay, delay variation, reference offset and sync period
Output timing can be fully adjusted with respect to the reference using three time-based controls: 0 - 42ms adjustable in 0.1ms steps, 0 - 100us adjustable in 1us steps and 0 - 1us adjustable in 5ns steps. Sub frame timing alignment to chosen reference is global to all SDI outputs
An additional ten frames of video delay (adjustable in one frame steps) allows compensation for any big system delays. This delay can be configured individually for each SDI output
All ancillary data from ST 2022 is passed from input to output. ST 2110 input is video only
LED INDICATION OF:
Checks can be performed on the following video and audio parameters, with warnings of any problems provided via SNMP traps:
- Video present and time present
- Video format
- Video black
- Video frozen
- Reference 1 and 2 present and time present
- Reference 1 and 2 format
- Reference 1 and 2 incompatible format
- PTP master and backup clock present and time present
- Audio group 1 present
- Audio group 2 present
- Audio group 3 present
- Audio group 4 present
Black or frozen video will be indicated by an amber LED. This alert can be delayed by 2-120 seconds to prevent false warnings during brief video pauses
The following IP parameters are monitored for input flows:
- Packet loss
- Duplicated packets
- Packet delay variation. Shown as the skew (difference in time of packet arrival) between the main and protected input, and also as the min and max nano second gap between the packets on each input
- Ethernet interface ignored packets. These are network packets present on the Ethernet interfaces unrelated to the M-GWIPSDI-6 media flows. Increasing in multiples of hundreds could indicate network flood
- Ethernet interface ignored multicast. Shows when unexpected multicast traffic is present on the Ethernet interface which could indicate an IGMP configuration problem with the network switch
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows control and monitoring using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
SNMP monitoring and control available as standard
Control using ASCII and JSON protocols
Control from integrated control panel on Vision 3 frame
Control from VisionPanel 3U remote panel
SBB-4 smart button box connects to the frame via Ethernet and provides four programmable LCD switches (which are configured for each order). The SBB-4 uses information from VisionWeb for settings. Uses Power over Ethernet so must be used with PoE enabled switch
Licences for an app are tied to the installed MARBLE hardware
A licence is for the life of the product until the owner releases or transfers a licence
New licences will be provided with new apps purchased for existing MARBLE hardware
What outputs do I get?
VR06 rear module label and connections
More about the VR06
Connectors: 6 BNCs, 1 D-Type and 2 dual LC fibre
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 3U: 10
Why use it: It's the only rear module for the M-GWIPSDI-6
Also used for: M-GWSDIIP-6
For more visual technical information, download the M-GWIPSDI-6 block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the software app...
- IP gateway which supports SMPTE ST 2022 and ST 2110 video. Converts to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s SDI output connections, with flexible assignment of the converted flows from either of the two input 10GbE IP network interfaces. Alternatively the second network interface can be configured for SMPTE ST 2022-7 or ST 2110 redundant input streaming. Software app which runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor
Now choose your media processor hardware and SFP+ modules...
Next select your frame...
- Vision 3
- 3U frame with integrated control panel and smart CPU for up to 20 Crystal Vision cards from the Vision range. Includes two PSU3-VF power supplies for redundancy. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Two slot frame rear module. Allows ten M-GWIPSDI-6 in 3U. Gives access to six HD/SD or three 3Gb/s input connections and two 10GbE IP output network interfaces
Next - control. Use the frame's integrated control panel, the VisionWeb web browser control or SNMP (both included in the frame for free), or alternatively order one of the items below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
- Smart button box with four programmable LCD switches. It is powered by PoE (Power over Ethernet) and therefore needs to be connected to a PoE enabled switch
Finally - extended support if required...
- App support
- Purchase with M-GWIPSDI-6 app to get software upgrades for changes in standards, new features and bug fixes – costs 10% of app list price per year (with support for the first year included for free)
- What does it cost? Request a quote for the M-GWIPSDI-6...
- The M-GWIPSDI-6 app runs on the MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware which needs to be housed in a Vision 3 rack frame - find out more about the frame...
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Vision frame system...
- MARBLE-V1 media processor hardware which runs Crystal Vision's software apps
- M-GWSDIIP-6 3G/HD/SD SDI to IP gateway app for SMPTE ST 2022 and ST 2110 video
- M-GWIPIP-6 IP to IP translator app for SMPTE ST 2022 and ST 2110 video
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org