What is it?
Media processor hardware which runs Crystal Vision's software apps.
Reason to choose it...
It provides the most flexible video over IP! MARBLE-V1 has six bi-directional SDI connections, four 10GbE SFP+ network interface ports, eight bi-directional discrete AES stereo channels and multiple referencing capabilities – with its actual functionality defined by the software app installed. The initial apps provide the best way to convert between SDI and ST 2022/2110 as well as make adjustments to IP flows. Invest in MARBLE-V1 and you'll save money, as you can re-purpose it when you need something different.
With its flexibility and power, MARBLE-V1 is great for any video over IP application - with the added bonus that you can change its functionality completely just by installing a new software app.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the MARBLE-V1 media processor. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- Shared hardware media processing platform which runs software apps
- Powerful CPU/GPU processor that runs Linux and a Crystal Vision developed operating system layer
- 10GbE throughput allows for multiple stream processing
- Six bi-directional SDI connections
- Up to four 10GbE network interfaces
- Optional eight bi-directional discrete AES stereo channels (via DIOP8 audio piggyback)
- Inputs and outputs determined and customised by the installed app
- PTP synchronisation
- Analogue Black and Burst or tri-level syncs reference from Vision frame, with reference protection
- Low power, low latency live media processing
- First apps include gateways for ST 2022 and ST 2110 protocols
- Different apps can be purchased and loaded when needs change
- Housed in Vision rack frames
- Space-saving: MARBLE-V1 media processor is a ‘double slot’ 96mm x 325mm card, with up to ten MARBLE-V1 fitting in 3U
- Flexible control and monitoring: frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, ASCII and JSON protocols or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
The new standard for signal interface and processing
The MARBLE-V1 media processor is a purpose built shared hardware platform that allows for apps to be loaded and changed, serving a task today and a different task tomorrow.
MARBLE-V1 is a powerful CPU/GPU processor that runs Linux and a Crystal Vision developed operating system layer. This operating system layer is the connecting fabric to software defined apps that run on the processor.
The inputs and outputs
At its core is an anything in/anything out I/O philosophy, with the inputs and outputs determined and customised by the installed app. MARBLE-V1 has six bi-directional SDI connections and four 10GbE SFP+ network interface ports (available in 850nm and 1310nm wavelengths for multi-mode or single-mode) – as well as offering the option of fitting a DIOP8 audio piggyback to provide discrete audio connectivity with eight bi-directional AES signals.
The software apps
MARBLE-V1 is built with the future in mind. Apps that are bought with the MARBLE-V1 hardware can be replaced with different low-cost apps as needs change, helping you make the most of your budget. This is the ultimate in future-proofing of your signal processing data centre. No other IP products make it quite so easy for your systems to grow and mature with the transition.
The initial software apps are gateways providing full support of SDI to and from SMPTE ST 2022 and ST 2110, including protocol conversion. Apps include full signal monitoring including video and audio present, video black and frozen and reference status, as well as IP flow monitoring including type, bit rate and packet loss. There are also clever IP to IP apps that allow for critical adjustments to IP flows, including NAT and media firewall functions.
Further app development will include audio processing, delays, profanity systems, safe switching, picture scaling, metadata insertion, graphic storage and keying.
Licences for an app are tied to the MARBLE hardware that it is installed. A licence is for the life of the product until the owner releases or transfers a licence.
Choice of references
The Vision frame has a dual reference system that – coupled with MARBLE-V1’s PTP capabilities – provides multiple reference possibilities, depending upon the app that is installed.
All control is done remotely. The remote control and monitoring options for the apps running on the MARBLE-V1 media processor include an integrated control panel on the Vision 3 frame, the VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP and the VisionWeb web browser control. The SMPTE ST 2110 apps support IS-04 and IS-05.
Save rack space
Fitting in the standard Vision frames (currently available in 3U size), MARBLE-V1 is a space-saving 96mm x 325mm card that sits in one frame slot – allowing up to ten media processors in 3U.
The frame rear modules that work with MARBLE-V1 and its software apps are the VR05 and VR06.
‘Double slot’ Vision card 96mm x 303mm (96mm x 325mm including finger pull)
Power consumption: 25 Watts
INPUT / OUTPUT CONNECTIONS
Six bi-directional SD/HD/3G SDI
Up to four bi-directional 10GbE IP network interfaces, depending on app. Requires purchase of two or four SFP+ transceiver modules: either 850nm multi-mode (for up to 300m) or 1310nm single-mode (for up to 10km)
1-8 bi-directional AES discrete audio via optional DIOP8 audio piggyback
Configured I/O determined by app that is running
PROTOCOLS SUPPORTED ON NETWORK INTERFACES
Media protocols are defined by app
IGMPv3, ARP, ICMP ping, IPv4, IEEE802.1q, VLAN, IEEE802.3-2012 (10G Ethernet)
Various rear modules, depending upon app
TIMING AND SYNCHRONISATION
Synchronisation using master or backup system PTP
PTP is via 10GbE network connection
PTP redundancy is achieved by system master/backup setup configuration
Analogue Black and Burst or tri-level syncs via Vision frame
DELAY THROUGH CARD
Minimum delay: TBD
LED INDICATION OF:
ST 2110 apps support IS-04 and IS-05
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows control and monitoring using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
Control from integrated control panel on Vision frames and remote panel
SNMP monitoring and control available as standard
Control using ASCII and JSON protocols
What outputs do I get?
- What does it cost? Request a quote for MARBLE-V1...
- The MARBLE-V1 media processor needs to be housed in a Vision 3 rack frame - find out more about the frame...
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
These are the software apps that run on MARBLE-V1...
- SDI6-IP-2022 3G/HD/SD SDI to IP gateway app for SMPTE ST 2022
- IP-SDI6-2022 IP to 3G/HD/SD SDI gateway app for SMPTE ST 2022
- SDI6-IP-2110 3G/HD/SD SDI to IP gateway app for SMPTE ST 2110
- IP-SDI6-2110 IP to 3G/HD/SD SDI gateway app for SMPTE ST 2110
- IP-IP-2022 IP to IP translator app for SMPTE ST 2022
- IP-IP-2110 IP to IP translator app for SMPTE ST 2110 and SMPTE ST 2022
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org